Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion opinions

Feedback Score

CZ Scorpion opinions

I can’t get the search function to work, but I want up to date opinions anyway.

LGS had two new 16” carbines for $970. They look nice, not a fan of the buttstock, but with magpul coming out with new magazines, I am thinking about one again. I chose the CMMG Mk9t over the CZ back in 2017 due to the magazine issues (cracked feed lips). Apparently CZ now sells a newer non-transparent magazine that fixes the issue: https://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo...-textured.html

So what do you guys think of it? How well do they run suppressed? I have a Tirant 9M in jail right now. Obviously it would be a direct thread set up and perhaps I would eventually SBR it.

JoshNC is going to beat me for asking, because he wants me to buy a B&T APC 9 :-)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a pistol I SBR'd and it runs like a champ suppressed and unsuppressed. Fiocci 165gr. is clean and quiet although no issues with any other 9mm round I've tried through it. With an MRO or other Red dot it's POA/POI as 9mm is pretty flat out to 100 yards (couple inches) depending on your zero. OEM Mags are fine. Using the original 2 (20's) and 2 (30's) I bought when new when pistol came out years ago. Bought another case of 30's and haven't had to dip into it yet. I'll buy a case of MagPul when they come out as their other mags are excellent.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I have a pistol I SBR'd and it runs like a champ suppressed and unsuppressed. Fiocci 165gr. is clean and quiet although no issues with any other 9mm round I've tried through it. With an MRO or other Red dot it's POA/POI as 9mm is pretty flat out to 100 yards (couple inches) depending on your zero. OEM Mags are fine. Using the original 2 (20's) and 2 (30's) I bought when new when pistol came out years ago. Bought another case of 30's and haven't had to dip into it yet. I'll buy a case of MagPul when they come out as their other mags are excellent.
    I will echo this^^ except I haven't shot my pistol suppressed.

The concerns on the factory mags are blown out of proportion. Anyway, there are 2nd gen CZ, Manticore, PSA, and soon to be Magpul mags to choose from so it's a moot point. My factory 20 and 30 rounders show no signs of cracking.

I wouldn't have any hesitation to go for it. My has run flawlessly after probably 500 rounds or so. No malfunctions whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Apart from the issues with the magazines, from what I understand was an issue with the early production magazines, I've heard nothing but good.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Have a SBR’d Evo with Tirant. Has worked great so far. Think it is an awesome gun for the money. The only questionable weak point has been the magazine concern. If magpul makes a good mag it will be a hard combo to beat.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own the carbine and it runs like a champ with my Illusion 9 suppressor. No issues with magazines, with either the 20 or 30 rounders. I have about 1000 rounds of an assortment of 9mm through it and no hiccups. I wouldn’t hesitate to grab another one if I needed another PCC.

Feedback Score
    I have a braced pistol and love it. The short forend of the pistol makes getting a light on there a bit tricky (using a SF x300) and cleaning the bore from the chamber end is a bit of a pain, but other than that I have no complaints. Well maybe that isn't entirely true considering I switched out the pistol grip, am looking for a replacement safety, considering replacing the charging handle and mag release, and wanting to figure out some sling solution... At the end of the day the only thing I absolutely had to do was change the grip. The other stuff is preference / because I can. I would buy another if I didn't have other priorities at the moment.

Feedback Score
    My SIL's braced Scorpion pistol will run rings around my PCC AR carbine on the dueling tree. Much lighter feeling and quicker to the next target. It's a fun gun for sure.

Feedback Score
    I have the pistol SBR’d. I actually really like the stock! I did the HBI K conversion with the trigger upgrades. I really do like the gun, though I kind of wish I’d left the stock trigger return springs. The aftermarket version just feels mushy now. Much lighter. But mushy. When I have time I’ll put the stock springs back. Think hard before messing with the scorpion...

59AD5088-EAC5-494E-AC73-C56D6267DC29.jpg

For comparison. As a collector and shooter. I’ve got two 9mm ARs. A 16” RRA that I’ve had for ~14 years. It’s been perfectly boring. But heavy. It’s the carbine I have set up in the closet for my wife as an HD gun. The other is a DIY 8” SBR that’s way too heavy. Scorpion is way better in weight. But not the trigger.

Also on the PCC front, I’ve got a SBR’d SP5K with a B&T navy barrel, paddle lag release. And B&T sidedolder. It’s easier recoiling. Heavier. And has a better trigger. Also more complicated to maintain and work on.

And finally, a SWD M11/9 with a Lage MK1 Kit, .22 adapter, lace side folder... it’s heavier. Trigger is heavier, open bolt, but cleaner breaking. But full auto.

Im a big CZ fanboy. But, if I could go back in time, I might have never bought the CZ and gotten a GHM9 or APC9 instead. Dollar for dollar the CZ can’t be beat. But... for a little more, the GHM9 is very tempting.

I can’t get my money back out of the CZ. I dumped too much in aftermarket parts and engraved it so it’s mine forever. I’ll go back to the stock trigger springs and see how I feel. Maybe another B&T is in my future.

Feedback Score
    Wolffie, you answered my question best. I’ll hold off and buy a B&T when the pro variant comes out.

I just got a sp5k as well. I’m sending it to TSC for the conversion this week. I love how it shoots.

thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast