Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion opinions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    The concerns on the factory mags are blown out of proportion. Anyway, there are 2nd gen CZ, Manticore, PSA, and soon to be Magpul mags to choose from so it's a moot point. My factory 20 and 30 rounders show no signs of cracking.
    I don't think they were blown out of proportion at all. I had 8 out of 20 mags that had feed lips either completely break off or crack and show early signs of failure. I was fortunate that I have a friend at CZ-USA that swapped them out for the Gen 2 mags, but If I'd been out $20 a mag like many people, I'd have been pissed.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    I bought my Evo pistol several years ago with a half dozen 20 round mags. No issues.
    I also just got some PSA 35 round mags, they have metal reinforcements molded within the lips, if that’s a concern.
    There’s also the Manticore reinforced mags and the ‘extreme duty’ factory mags. And Magpuls are coming soon.

I’m impressed with the performance of mine. I put off swapping in the HB industries trigger springs til this week cause I had the welded trigger pack. A pretty simple job once you watch the videos and $10 in parts.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    I don't think they were blown out of proportion at all. I had 8 out of 20 mags that had feed lips either completely break off or crack and show early signs of failure. I was fortunate that I have a friend at CZ-USA that swapped them out for the Gen 2 mags, but If I'd been out $20 a mag like many people, I'd have been pissed.

Stephen
    How were people out of $20 per mag? From what I understand, CZ will replace damaged ones at no charge. Some people have claimed to have received the new black windowed mags in exchange.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    YMMV but I sold my Scorpion pistol this year, I even had an approved Form 1. I just didn’t enjoy shooting the Scorpion, part of that is the fact that I don’t really like blowback PCCs. But I do enjoy my UMP occasionally, the CZ just wasn’t ergonomically pleasing or all that fun for me. It felt very cheap.

It took a lot for me to sell a gun I already had a tax stamp on, I have plenty of “just in case” form 1s but I really didn’t like shooting the Scorpion.

I would spend a little more and get a Zenith or POF. I enjoy B&Ts too but if I had to pick I would stick with my roller locks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    It took a lot for me to sell a gun I already had a tax stamp on,
    You can cancel it and get your money back if you never made it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You can cancel it and get your money back if you never made it.
    Yup that’s what I did. But with the wait involved for class 3 and the uncertain legal climate down the road for our hobby it’s not something I do lightly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    YMMV but I sold my Scorpion pistol this year... It felt very cheap.
    Me too, spent the money, shortened the barrel, and tucked a Tirant 9s under a longer handguard for a pseudo SD, but it still wasn’t worth keeping. Other PCCs are in another league, ex APC9, Sp5k, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    Me too, spent the money, shortened the barrel, and tucked a Tirant 9s under a longer handguard for a pseudo SD, but it still wasn’t worth keeping. Other PCCs are in another league, ex APC9, Sp5k, etc.
    Yes and by the time you upgrade you lose the CZ’s only selling point, price.

Feedback Score
    I went the route of a Slovakian made Grand Power Stribog. It actually costs less than the CZ.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

CZ Scorpion opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I went the route of a Slovakian made Grand Power Stribog. It actually costs less than the CZ.

Huh. First time I saw that was today on SSD. I assumed it cost about as much as a B&T since it looks similar. I’m going to be very tempted by the APC9 once the Glock lowers start floating around. Especially if they incorporate MLOK instead of the picatinny rails that they still use for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-04-19 at 20:23.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast