Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPR build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SPR build

My first SPR build. Limited budget, but best quality I could afford where it counts:

Ballistic Advantage SPR barrel, & pinned gas block, 18 inch
    Standard A2 FH
    Surplus Ammo and Arms lower (made by Aero precision)
    VTAC Alpha Battlerail, 13 inch
    Magpul MOE stock and grip
    PSA LPK and BCG
    RRA 2 stage NM trigger
    Keyhole forge upper
    Tasco 2.5-10x40 scope I had on hand
    Matech rear BUIS, front generic folder I had laying around
    2 point quick adjust sling

I'm happy to report 300 rnds thus far, no problems of any kind, and it is in fact a .75 MOA gun so far after only one outing at 100 yds. I believe it has great potential.That BA barrel is awesome.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 11-23-23 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    Nicely done.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Nice. How do you like the RRA trigger?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's good.

I put one in my primary gun years ago, always loved it, so I knew it was a usefull "go-to" for a cheap 2-stage.

This newer one, I have to admit, doesn't feel quite as good as the other one. Could just be the 2,000+ rnds I've put through the first have smoothed things out. The top of the hammer is a different shape though, so there's been some kind of design change...

I plan to slowly improve things as time goes on. At some point I'll drop the coin on a nicer trigger, see what I'm missing.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    It's good.

I put one in my primary gun years ago, always loved it, so I knew it was a usefull "go-to" for a cheap 2-stage.

This newer one, I have to admit, doesn't feel quite as good as the other one. Could just be the 2,000+ rnds I've put through the first have smoothed things out. The top of the hammer is a different shape though, so there's been some kind of design change...

I plan to slowly improve things as time goes on. At some point I'll drop the coin on a nicer trigger, see what I'm missing.
    Good to know, as I've been thinking about a RRA 2 stage as a cheap upgrade until I can scratch up the coin to purchase a Geissele Hi speed national match trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah it's fine, still WAY better than any Milspec type I've ever tried.

Feedback Score
    Nice build and nice paint job too!

I can put them together easily enough, but getting up the nerve to do the painting, you have steelier nerves than me!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well done based on the shooting results. Ballpark on cost, minus the optic? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The optic I found for 10 bucks, brand new in the box at a thrift store a while back.

Including it, around 780 altogether. Got some really good deals on some of the other parts, I'm pretty happy with the return on investment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Good to know, as I've been thinking about a RRA 2 stage as a cheap upgrade until I can scratch up the coin to purchase a Geissele Hi speed national match trigger.
    I picked up a Geiselle G2S-E on sale at Brownells for around $115. It feels every bit as nice as my SD-E and actually is a bit lighter coming in at just around 3lbs. Actually a bit too light for my purpose but I would highly recommend it for an SPR.
    I actually have a SSA spring kit and may swap out the springs and try to bring it up 4lbs with the same break.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast