Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPR build

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I picked up a Geiselle G2S-E on sale at Brownells for around $115. It feels every bit as nice as my SD-E and actually is a bit lighter coming in at just around 3lbs. Actually a bit too light for my purpose but I would highly recommend it for an SPR.
    I actually have a SSA spring kit and may swap out the springs and try to bring it up 4lbs with the same break.
    Thanks for the tip, but I already bought and installed a RRA match trigger in my A2 build. For less than $100 it's actually quite good. It seems to have smoothed out a little bit now that I've fired a few rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I went ahead and modified the scope mount, so that it's no longer sharing space with the handguard. It was buggin' me, had to do it.

Over 600 trouble-free rnds down the pipe at this point.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 11-23-23 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Update:

My log indicates I have 1,710 rounds of various types through to date. Zero malfunctions of any kind.

At 900 rounds, I ditched the Tasco and put a Truglo Omnia 1-6x LPVO on. For cheap glass, it's adequate. Holds zero and does what's needed until I can afford better. I've beat the gun up some, and it's been fine.

At 1,212, put H-2 buffer in.

Have run it in several training iterations, shot many different drills with it (MNQ, El Pres, Gunsite Stressrifle, etc. etc.), dragged it up and down a couple mountains, through mud, snow, and freezing rain. It's solid as can be.

I know I'd get tighter groups with a Criterion or White Oak stainless, but the BA barrel does what's needed.

Have only gotten to shoot it out to 310 yards, and that was off a tripod. Hoping to get farther out with it at some point.

ETA: most accurate loads to date are my handloads, consisting of a 62gr FMJ/24.4gr H335, and a 75gr BTHP/22.0gr H335.

Those loads exhibit excellent accuracy in other guns as well.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 02-19-22 at 11:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12