Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality semi-auto 12 gauge for home defense?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quality semi-auto 12 gauge for home defense?

I did a bit of googling and found the Remington Police 1187. 6+1, $950.00.

Any other recommendations? Money's not too tight, but it is a consideration.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have been VERY pleased with the Beretta 1301 Tactical. Very light and maneuverable, though a bit rough on recoil d/t the amazingly light weight.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with the 11-87P (I have one). Also have an FN-SLP (Winchester SX2 based) and a Benelli M4. All are good shotguns. While the Remington has a steel receiver, the others have aluminum (if weight is a consideration).

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The 1301 seems hugely popular. Don't you already have an AR though, why aren't you using that?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Strongly recommend ANY Benelli or the Beretta 1301 over anything Remington. Today's Remington build quality just isn't comparable unfortunately.

You don't have to have an M4 but they are nice. A M1, M2 or a Vinci would all be solid choices. The Nova and Super Nova are the best pump guns I've ever owned and will shoot low recoil stuff without worry. My Vinci will run the Fed flight control low velocity load fine, but I wouldn't push it any lighter and expect it to run. It also has a great trigger.
    Last edited by shadowrider; 01-21-19 at 20:34.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Strongly recommend ANY Benelli or the Beretta 1301 over anything Remington. Today's Remington build quality just isn't comparable unfortunately.

You don't have to have an M4 but they are nice. A M1, M2 or a Vinci would all be solid choices. The Nova and Super Nova are the best pump guns I've ever owned and will shoot low recoil stuff without worry. My Vinci will run the Fed flight control low velocity load fine, but I wouldn't push it any lighter and expect it to run. It also has a great trigger.
    ^^^This^^^

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My Versamax hasn't failed me yet over four years of 3-Gun and turkey hunting (I have the Comp Tac model). Benelli's seem to be more popular though and that's the only thing with which I would replace my Remington.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have Multiple Benelli shotguns and one dog named Benelli! Neither have ever failed me!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mossberg 930 Tactical was very nice from my experience.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
    Mossberg 930 Tactical was very nice from my experience.
    For home defense?? You are a brave man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast