Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality semi-auto 12 gauge for home defense?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have Multiple Benelli shotguns and one dog named Benelli! Neither have ever failed me!

PB

I would have to agree with Pappabear...I have two SBE’s and ordered a M4 today. I’ve never had a minutes worth of trouble out of the SBE’s and am excited to get my hands on the M4.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coontz74 View Post
    I would have to agree with Pappabear...I have two SBE’s and ordered a M4 today. I’ve never had a minutes worth of trouble out of the SBE’s and am excited to get my hands on the M4.
    M4 is a solid addition.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I agree....IMO, the M4 is “THE” shotgun to have if you’re willing to pay for it..

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I agree....IMO, the M4 is “THE” shotgun to have if you’re willing to pay for it..
    I feel that I should point on that paying for it isn't just in terms of money, but also in terms of weight. The M4 is a bit of a pig.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    For home defense?? You are a brave man.
    Why do you say that? I am aware that at least some 3-gun guys have had issues with them, but what about yourself? I ran one through a shotgun class, and it did finally get sluggish after a couple hundred rounds of dirty, low powered Estate birdshot. Other than that, it ran slugs and buckshot without issue.

I am partial to Beretta, but a Benelli (M4,M2, or Vinci) would be my go to if I were too worried about only having a shotgun to run.

My Mossberg 500 doesn’t have any issues, either. However, I prefer a semi-auto shotgun.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quality semi-auto 12 gauge for home defense?

Benelli and Beretta are the only two valid answers to a shotgun question.

Last edited by HKGuns; 01-30-19 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    When LAPD authorized the Benelli M4, I started looking for one ultimately purchasing a lightly used one. I don’t live near LA but I figure they probably tested other autoloaders before they ultimately settled on the M4.

Feedback Score
    I've got one of the older M1 Super 90s and love it. It has an 18.5" barrel and has the Salvo threaded choke. So I can run it as a shorty for HD or screw on the Salvo and be ready for hunting. Great running shotgun and should last forever.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Beretta 1301 Tactical

I just shot mine yesterday. So far, it is a good shotgun. Way better the 870 Tactical I have.

I have new chokes on the way to get it dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I did a bit of googling and found the Remington Police 1187. 6+1, $950.00.

Any other recommendations? Money's not too tight, but it is a consideration.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123