Thread: 2-10x scope for 16” BCM SS410

Feedback Score

2-10x scope for 16” BCM SS410

I am looking to purchase a new scope for a 16” precision-oriented rifle (BCM SS410 upper on BCM lower) to use for shooting out to around 600-700 yards. I would like a variable scope with a magnification range of approximately 2-10x. My past experiences with scopes have always been low powered optics, nothing exceeding 8x. I am looking for a scope with a bit more magnification but still usable at shorter ranges.

I have budgeted around $1,000 to $1,500 for the scope not including the mount, which will most likely be a Geissele.

I have been reading a lot of information and reviews, it has become a bit overwhelming. The knowledge base on this site is vast and can set me on the right track.

Some models I have read about and am considering are the following:

-Nightforce SHV 3-10x w/illuminated MOAR reticle - the 4-14x F1 SHV has received good reviews, but I have found little info about the 3-10x illuminated models
    -Burris xtc ii 2-10x42 w/SCR MOA reticle - good reviews, seems like a solid choice
    -Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 illum G3 - good reviews, seems like a solid choice
    -Something else - I am open to all suggestions and recommendations

Priority number 1 is durability. Others are correct tracking, glass quality, reticle with illumination, and weight (only if robustness isn’t sacrificed). If I am missing something, let me know. Unfortunately I do not know what I do not know.

I am OK with mil or MOA as long as turrets match the reticle.

This rifle will not be limited to bench shooting, I want something I can count on to be durable.

Please let me know your thoughts about my scope list and it’s correlation to my priorities list, important considerations I have missed, better options, etc. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide to me!

Feedback Score
    Sorry mods, posted in wrong forum, please move or delete, my apologies!