Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: BCG Questions

Feedback Score

BCG Questions

Upon further inspection it has definitely been fired. Furthermore there is copper debri inside the carrier and the coating inside the carrier isn’t even. I don’t mind the test firing but upon visual inspection this isn’t what I would expect from LMT, someone please tell me if I’m wrong. Also the bolt is extremely tight inside the carrier and requires a bit of force to move back and forth, it won’t slide out with a simple flick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tanktop; 01-30-19 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    It's LMT but it's still a mass produced item on an automated line including the QC process. Forget about any TLC.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    [IMG]

Upon further inspection it has definitely been fired. Furthermore there is copper debri inside the carrier and the coating inside the carrier isn’t even. I don’t mind the test firing but upon visual inspection this isn’t what I would expect from LMT, someone please tell me if I’m wrong. Also the bolt is extremely tight inside the carrier and requires a bit of force to move back and forth, it won’t slide out with a simple flick.

Its hard to judge a phosphate carrier by appearance.

I have 1 LMT bcg, and I have not even fired the upper it came in yet. It does not look as well finished/isn't as pretty as my CAGE-marked Toolcraft, Sionics, or BCM bcgs. I know LMT is a solid brand so I am not concerned with the way the bcg looks - someone at LMT inspected it who knows more about what they are seeing than I do.

The bolt is tight in the carrier because the gas rings are new, that is perfectly normal.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Response from Strong Side Tactical, I’ll take this as a valid explanation:

I can assure you that is one of the best BCGs on the market. We've been selling them for years and never had an issue with them. LMT runs approximately 90 rounds through all of their parts before they leave their facility, so it will look like more use than a standard 2-5 round test. They don't clean them after the testing so that you can see it's tested. They have a very good quality control department as well, if there was excessive wear on it, they would've rejected it and studied the parts.

The LMT carriers and bolts have very tight tolerances. That should smooth out over a few mags and is most likely the gas rings wearing into the carrier, which is very common for the 3 piece ring sets.
    We also don't use any of the products on our shelves. They stay sealed or packed just as we get them from all of our vendors. We do run a lot of products hard before we put them on our site to assure it's quality, but we wouldn't sell those on our site, those are usually either kept for our personal guns or sold/given to locals or friends once we're done.
    If you still have concerns, I'd be happy to chat with you. Just let me know if I can help with anything else.

Clayton
    Strong Side Tactical

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Just to chime in on these, I ordered two just to throw in the back of the safe. They seem to have gotten good reviews. They do seem to be of somewhat decent quality but you can definitely see the machine work on the carriers. I think if you want to go this route you're better off to go with toolcraft, just my opinion but I was not impressed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314