Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG Questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yeah, that's a lot of vetting. I vetted my Colts with just a couple of mags.
    Yep, and being as how I'm devoting my efforts to understanding physics, I don't have time!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Id be curious to see documented failures of any of the mentioned brands.

I think people hate Spikes because of things the owner has posted on forums and not because its an inferior product.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Toolcraft if you want to save money, otherwise I dont think you can beat the Sionics NP3 BCG.
    I agree on the Sionics. Mine is the absolute easiest to clean and shows no sign of wear. Eventually I may upgrade all my BCGs to the Sionics NP3.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Id be curious to see documented failures of any of the mentioned brands.

I think people hate Spikes because of things the owner has posted on forums and not because its an inferior product.
    Well...I think they’re logo-ification/brand identity of everything kind of kills anything they may or may not do well. On this site you get more folks than average that want to train and shoot professional equipment, either because they are or were professionals, or because they place value on it. Mistakes are made...but that tends to be the genesis of most thought patterns here.

Spike’s seems to like marketing by someone with 6000 Afflicted t-shirts and fake tribal tattoos. It’s a lot to ignore unless that’s your bag.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The Sionics NP3 bolt carrier group would be my #1 pic .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Well...I think they’re logo-ification/brand identity of everything kind of kills anything they may or may not do well. On this site you get more folks than average that want to train and shoot professional equipment, either because they are or were professionals, or because they place value on it. Mistakes are made...but that tends to be the genesis of most thought patterns here.

Spike’s seems to like marketing by someone with 6000 Afflicted t-shirts and fake tribal tattoos. It’s a lot to ignore unless that’s your bag.
    Its easy to ignore if your perspective is a range and not their website. I have a training gun that has spikes receivers and a NIB bcg and it runs great. Ive still havent seen failure stats of their stuff versus the others mentioned.
    Last edited by Swstock; 01-22-19 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    Since this thread is open and current I had a question. I’m currently building a rifle that I think will be a precision build and I’m thinking of using a Young Manufacturing national match BCG. I know there’s debate on whether it will improve accuracy so let’s leave that out of the discussion, my question is this BCG an exceptionally made product aside from any possible accuracy improvements?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    Since this thread is open and current I had a question. I’m currently building a rifle that I think will be a precision build and I’m thinking of using a Young Manufacturing national match BCG. I know there’s debate on whether it will improve accuracy so let’s leave that out of the discussion, my question is this BCG an exceptionally made product aside from any possible accuracy improvements?
    I think selling BCGs keeps Mr Young so busy that he had to close his side business selling snake oil and shares in the Brooklyn Bridge, so that is a good thing...
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-22-19 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    According to guys competing with ARs in National Match, the YM carrier does nothing to improve precision.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Toolcraft are quality IF you buy from a vetted vendor. I have several of the phosphate and a nitride from cryptic coating which is Toolcraft's retail branch

Toolcraft ONLY makes the carrier and the rest is specd out by the customer. Toolcraft can supply the bolt of choice but some vendors cheap out and get lower quality ones elsewhere. The cheaper vendors also only buy the carrier and source everything else so you have to watch out for mim extractors and if toolcraft actually coated the ones that are not phosphate. They can coat with a few different things..nitride, nickel boron, etc.. but some vendors source that as well and it affects the warranty through Toolcraft

Cryptic coatings is my first choice and they have c158 mpi/hpt bolt and offer nitride and phosphate for $110 and some other much more expensive options like DLC

Right to bear, wc armory, Armorally, spicetack and right to bear are all vendors that have confirmed no mim and all coatings and the bolt come direct from Toolcraft so I would trust any of them (and have). They run from around $70 up for c158 bolts
    Last edited by everready73; 01-22-19 at 19:48.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast