Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt SP1 carbine FCG question

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    The new BCG is a smooth Colt Chrome, the SP1 semi BCG is now in thengun case

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Thank you all for your help.

Ford & Chevy? Next thing someone will put a Colt Python barrel on Smith & Wesson.

Too late !! It was done about ten years ago, they called it a Smolt, or a Smython. No foolin"
    Last edited by La26; 01-25-19 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, i’m old enough that I remember seeing that in Guns or Guns & Ammo—which was why I said that—I didn’t expect anyone to be an older fart like me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Unfortunately, i’m old enough that I remember seeing that in Guns or Guns & Ammo—which was why I said that—I didn’t expect anyone to be an older fart like me!
    Yep, still here. I remember when Speed-Six came out with the first speed loaders for revolvers (about 1975). I carried them on duty (with my S&W 66). People would look at them in the pouch and say "Hey you carry extra cylinders and just change them out !" We have come a long way !!

Feedback Score
    As a general rule, for collecting, your rifle need to be in factory original condition. You can replace worn parts with original factory parts if you can find them. If parts are marked and are serviceable I would keep those and continue to use them. The hammer in the photos is standard for the Colt SP1 because Colt did not want to use full auto parts. Unmarked parts like springs and pins can probably be replaced without harming the collector value, but a real expert on collectable firearms should chime in here.

If you want a shooter then feel free to replace what ever you want, but I would retain the original parts so it can be returned to its original factory condition.

In my case I replaced the original front pivot pin which uses screws to hold it together for an after market quick detachable pin and I replaced the flash suppressor with a three prong type. However I still have the original parts and who ever gets the rifle after me can restore it if they want to.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. If I were to resell it, I would keep the chrome, smooth BCG & replace the semi BCG. I’ve swapped trigger & hammer springs & buffer to Colt H1, but the original parts are in a baggie, in the case.

Frankly, I think I could make more money selling it off as parts, but it cost me $1800 from an acquaintance who was cash-poor & needed help. No plans to get rid of it—it’s light, handy & fun, except for the jams. Hopefully the swapped parts will fix it & it will serve me indefinitely.

Thank you all again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12