Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Threepersons holsters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tom Threepersons holsters?

Looking for someone who's making a quality Threepersons holster, preferably in the older Don Hume style, for my 4" K frame Smiths. I know El Paso saddlery makes a Threepersons but I prefer the retention strap setup of the older Humes.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    You can get the traditional strap on an El Paso Threepersons.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    El Paso Saddlery does a good job but Barranti is worth the wait

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    El Paso- and Kirkpatrick makes/made a sevicable Three Persons.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Asking purely for education:

What is the point of a holster that exposed the trigger on a double action revolver?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    You can get the traditional strap on an El Paso Threepersons.
    I know, I've got an EPS Threepersons for my 1911's. The retention strap on the Hume holsters is riveted and allows the strap to lay better along the holster when not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    There's - what I'll call - a persistent rumor that Bill Jordan left the USBP and went to work for the NRA, focusing on firearm safety, after he negligently shot a fellow USBP officer.
    The officer he negligently shot was John Rector. Rector's daughter gave an account on a firearms board regarding the incident here https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho....php?p=2384639

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd be fascinated to hear about a modern US law enforcement agency that currently issues a duty holster for a revolver or semi-auto firearm with an exposed trigger.

I am not aware of such an agency in this country. It would be a ridiculous liability risk.

Feedback Score
    https://adamsholsters.com/store/imag...-2-800x600.jpgtom-2-800x600.jpgCheck out https://adamsholsters.com/store/tomholster

mike-v-model10-2-600x400.jpg

Luke has an excellent variation on the classic Threepersons holster. The retention strap can be unsnapped from the holster, or snapped to the back and out of the way if so desired, his version also has a covered trigger guard...or he'll make one with no strap...Very nice guy and excellent craftsman!
    Last edited by SLM; 01-27-19 at 11:06.
    Fecal Splatter Expert

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd be fascinated to hear about a modern US law enforcement agency that currently issues a duty holster for a revolver or semi-auto firearm with an exposed trigger.

I am not aware of such an agency in this country. It would be a ridiculous liability risk.
    Beyond the liability, I think it flies in the face of modern gunfighting wisdom. Not to take away from legendary gunfighters of the past, but our generation now has it's own legendary gunfighters who would not recommend this type of holster for anything bu nostalgia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast