Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digging the jazzed-up new Steyr MF pistol

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Digging the jazzed-up new Steyr MF pistol

https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/firear...istol%20Launch

I always liked the Steyr pistols, but the early ones had some teething troubles back when Steyr was in financial trouble. I look forward to shooting this one.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I liked the gen2 or whatever has been out lately. In fact I handled their version of the G19X a year or two before Glock had theirs. I just can't justify yet another G19/17 size gun!

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Same but different. Looks like they addressed one of the most common complaints, with new texturing on the frame. A lot of reviewers feel ithe original was a little slippery. I do however wish they would come out with Trap Night Sights.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    In a very crowded field, it will need something that really sets itself apart from the pack, or it will just be another good gun that languishes in obscurity.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    looks as though the line of bore is about as high as it can get.
    I would imagine it's very controllable, shoots flat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see they've addressed something that kills me on Glocks (even though I carry one every day)... the trigger finger entry onto the trigger. Even a VP9 has my trigger finger rubbing excessively on the frame. The angle and clearance of this Steyr sure looks good.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I like the platform, having bought a cheap M9A1 being blown out by CDNN back in 2008. Looking back at my logs, 6 malfunctions in 3205 rounds. I would have no worries carrying it although it would not be my first choice, a G26.

When I used to shoot it at IDPA and USPSA, people would always ask about it. At the time there was not a lot of "low bore axis" pistols. It was always a surprise to people how flat it shot and how fast it seemed to cycle. The trap sights are the trap sights, you can get used them quickly. My trigger, with the $12 BT (Big Taco) Steyr Bushing is light and smooth.

I was tempted with the L9A1, but its G17 sized and I wanted a G34 sized game gun. That said... shiny new Steyr L9A2 MF... its tempting. We'll see.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone here know if Steyr is dropping any of there non-modular pistols platforms?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Can’t see why they should our would. It appears that the slide assembly is identical. Mags are the same. The only difference is the frame. No reason to unless it is a production cost issue.

H&K still sell the USP and USP compact line despite the P30 and VP9 evolution of the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast