Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digging the jazzed-up new Steyr MF pistol

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Greg,
    You need to buy the Beretta LTT Elite and shoot a couple thousand rounds then sell it to me for $500.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Gotta break my 92G SD first.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    It's broke, now move on.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    In a very crowded field, it will need something that really sets itself apart from the pack, or it will just be another good gun that languishes in obscurity.
    Agree. The polymer striker market just seems packed. Glock, Sig 320, FN 509, M&P, PPQ, VP9, APX, and now this.

It's not trendy, but I'd actually like to see someone drive some action in the polymer carry-sized DA/SA market.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had one each of the Steyr M40 and M9 pistols. I loved them when they worked which, unfortunately, wasn't often. FTE's were common and I sent both back to Steyr several times with no joy. The .40 was very flat shooting for a lightweight .40. Could have been great but for me not so much. No thanks to Steyr pistols.

Feedback Score
    Went on a Steyr jag some years ago, and had a G17/19 size. IIRC, they weren't stone reliable, and the grip angle took some getting used to. The low bore axis was a real piece of engineering.
    Did Steyr ever make a 15round mag for the 19 sized pistol? They only made 10 rounders then.
    I finally traded them away, and they were like giving away a social disease. A shop wouldn't take one at all, and the one that took another had it languishing on the shelf for a year. The owner still goons me for taking it on trade.
    I'm not apt to go down the Steyr road again, tho an AUG would be fun.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I had a Steyr M9, loved the grip angle, pointability, ran 4,000rds through it before it started tossing brass right at my face, couldn't get parts to fix it or a decent supply of magazines so I broomed it for $200 as part of a trade.

I'm tempted by this, I really am but until I see someone clean up that trigger safely, make some decent holsters(Safariland ALS) and see plenty of 17rd mags for under $30ea I'm gonna hang back and stick with Wilhelm Bubits first pistol design(Glock 17).

I wonder what sort of incentive I'd have to provide to get Johnny Glocks to look at a Steyr trigger for me? Oh well, not gonna matter until I see mags and leather commonly available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    I had a Steyr M9, loved the grip angle, pointability, ran 4,000rds through it before it started tossing brass right at my face, couldn't get parts to fix it or a decent supply of magazines so I broomed it for $200 as part of a trade.

I'm tempted by this, I really am but until I see someone clean up that trigger safely, make some decent holsters(Safariland ALS) and see plenty of 17rd mags for under $30ea I'm gonna hang back and stick with Wilhelm Bubits first pistol design(Glock 17).

I wonder what sort of incentive I'd have to provide to get Johnny Glocks to look at a Steyr trigger for me? Oh well, not gonna matter until I see mags and leather commonly available.
    At least yours was actually tossing brass, mine couldn't be bothered to eject....

Feedback Score
    I really liked the low bore axis and the trapazoidal sights on the M9 I had. I didn’t like the two times I sent it in and they still didn’t fix it. It shot great for 2,000 rounds then it started failing to eject. I sent it back. When it returned the trigger wouldn’t reset sometimes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That front sight looks like an accident waiting to happen. I'll pass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast