Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digging the jazzed-up new Steyr MF pistol

Feedback Score
    As a Glock alternative, I really wanted to like mine. But the lack of utter reliability, and the unwillingness to make real full capacity magazines just flat pissed me off.
    Mine were gunshow impulse purchases, and I can't feel any remorse for their departure.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    As a Glock alternative, I really wanted to like mine. But the lack of utter reliability, and the unwillingness to make real full capacity magazines just flat pissed me off.
    Mine were gunshow impulse purchases, and I can't feel any remorse for their departure.
    Moon
    What is "full capacity"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What is "full capacity"?
    The antis are in the habit of calling mags larger than 10 rounds 'high capacity'.
    I stay in the habit of calling them 'full capacity' or 'standard capacity'.
    Hate to give in to their BS battle of nomenclature.
    Best,
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So steyr doesn't make standard capacity mags?

Feedback Score
    Arik, when I had my G19-sized Steyr, its magazine looked like it should have held at least 12 rounds, if not more. However, the bottom of the magazine was solid plastic. I searched for standard capacity mags to no avail, and finally dumped the gun.
    Not sure what Steyr's policy may be now; my experience was at least 5 years ago.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe ban state gun?

I'm looking around and see 15-17 round 9mm mags depending on the model

Feedback Score
    Arik, wish I could remember the model number, but it was a somewhat smaller 9mm. I also had a full size service version, and standard capacity mags were entirely available.
    I went looking online before I parted with it, and 10 was it for that model.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It reminds me of that Russian prototype gun that has been floating around the past couple of years.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I really like the look of this gun and I want to like Steyr handguns. I've just read too many reports of totally unreliable Steyr handguns, or what I consider reliable enough for defense from what is already probably a small number in the wild, for me to buy one.

Feedback Score
    I want to like it too and mostly do. I have the M9A1 and love the look, trigger, and it is nice....EXCEPT it is unreliable. It is the only pistol I have that mostly works but wouldn't trust it. For now it is a toy and I take it out to the range every so often. There are just too many other guns that are better to try another one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast