Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digging the jazzed-up new Steyr MF pistol

Feedback Score
    Have the MSAR version of the AUG, and it has been dead flat reliable, no apologies required. Thus my interest in Steyr pistols. Oddly, later, when I went to trade them, one shop wouldn't accept them at all, and another groused that my former gun had sat in the showcase for nearly a year, unsold.
    My smaller, departed, gun was likely an S9, which is listed as having a 10 round capacity. I don't live in a ban state, and was unable to find mags bigger than 10.
    The uber-low bore axis is what appealed to me, and the gun had little muzzle flip. The sights were fast, but perhaps less precise than conventional sights.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I guess there are so many of those CDNN parts guns floating around that many people have a bad experience. I recently traded for a OD green M9-A1. It runs great. I was a bit leery of the factory 17 round mags since they are just 15 rounders with +2 base plates but the mags seem fine so far. I’ve only got about 600 rounds through the gun though. My old eyes are loving the giant front sight. It make shooting with both eyes open much easier. My only complaint is the grip is still slippery so I put some traction grips on to solve that.

The new pistol seems to solve my only complaint about the Steyr. I’m surprised more manufacturers haven’t started to copy the HK with the side panel inserts like the new Steyr does. David

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Guns are out of stock until some time in early 2020 as per Steyr.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    My first Steyr pistol was an M40. As others have said, it was very unreliable. Sent it back to Steyr twice to no avail. Then I decided to try to fix it myself. I don’t remember what it was, but I found a small part that was installed upside down. That helped some, but there were still issues. After the AWB expired, I bought a 12rd mag. I immediately found that the gun was 100% reliable when using it. I disassembled the 12rd and 10rd mags and found they had the exact same length spring even though the 10rd mag spring was working over a much shorter distance. I got rid of the 10rd mags and the pistol has been 100% since.

I’ve since purchased a M9-A1 with factory threaded barrel and an M357-A1. Both have been 100%.

Steyr got rid of the thing I didn’t like about my M40 which was the safety inside the trigger guard. The thing that I don’t like about the A1’s are how huge the rail makes the muzzle end of the gun. This new version doesn’t look any better in that regard. I do hope the kept the trapezoidal sights.

Feedback Score
    I've moved back to Glocks, and on to SIGs, so no dog in this fight. They are jumping into lots of competition, so we shall see.
    Moon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234