Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G19 with RMR IWB holster questions

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I carry a G17 length pistol (have been for about 2 years now) with RMR in AIWB with this:
    https://darkstargear.com/product/g19orion/
    And this:
    https://vdevgru.com/products/neoprene-aiwb-wedge-sponge
    With this:
    https://vdevgru.com/products/copy-of...y-belt-ver-1-0

I have been carrying AIWB since around 2008, and I will never give up the distinct advantages of AIWB over IWB as long as I can physically carry that way.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Dark Star Gear and JM Custom Kydex well have strong side IWB options available for you. I personally carry a G19.5 with RMR and TLR7 in a Phlster Spotlight AIWB. Unless I gain a lot of weight I won't go back to strong side IWB.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wanted to update that DARA holsters took care of me.

Most of us understand a quality holster is going to cost money and DARA makes quality holsters. They offer so many configurations with cant and ride height that they build it to what you specify. My first holster was built perfectly to my specs, I'm the guy that spec'd a holster with so much forward cant that the RMR sat below my belt line. This meant for a slow draw as the optic was getting hung up sitting inside my pants instead of above it.

The new holster is 15 degrees and rides higher, allowing a full grip on the gun with the RMR sitting above the belt line which is perfect.

So on one hand it's nice that they offer options to the customer, but the customer should also have an idea of what may and may not work. It's like if Ford allowed customers to configure an F350 with a 4-cylinder and front wheel drive. They'll build it for you but it may not work out that well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Good to know. Since we’re on the topic, I just ordered a Phlster Floodlight to replace my VG3 and I have been very pleasers with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I got a IWB from JM Custom and love it, it's my 3rd CCW holster for my RMR G19 and finally found the perfect answer.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12