Thread: New Taurus TX22 17 shot .22LR pistol announced

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)

New Taurus TX22 17 shot .22LR pistol announced

Well, I am going to give this little plinker a try. It might be a gem or might be a turd, or it might be somewhere in the middle. I will report back here with my finding at some point. I already have a Ruger, Buckmark and M&P Compact .22, I just want one of these because, I can. To me it kind of looks like a little smaller version of the CZ P10C and close to a G19, the size I prefer. They are supposed to be available in the first quarter of this year, I guess we will see on that.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/tau...2lr-announced/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGk9NNjWBA
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-12-19 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Handled it today at SHOT. I will be getting one.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    The new keltec 22 had my interest over this one personally. Quad stack flush fitting 33 round mags and easy mounting solution for optics.

The guy said 1k were fired at there industry day and only 2 failures

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Well, I am going to give this little plinker a try. It might be a gem or might be a turd, or it might be somewhere in the middle. I will report back here with my finding at some point. I already have a Ruger, Buckmark and M&P Compact .22, I just want one of these because, I can. To me it kind of looks like a little smaller version of the CZ P10C and close to a G19, the size I prefer. They are supposed to be available in the first quarter of this year, I guess we will see on that.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/tau...2lr-announced/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGk9NNjWBA

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Another review on TX22 pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBEwD2eE7LI
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-31-19 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    I am a big fan of Taurus but before I get a TX22 I have to track down a 4" 992 (with both cylinders). I have an ISC M22 for now.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I picked mine up this morning. Things I have noticed about it so far. To me, it has a very good ergonomic grip and fills my hand just right, nice grip angle, fine texture on the grip, really lightweight, nice crisp trigger with just a little bit of creep out of the box, trigger pull weight is just about right for an out of the box plinker and it should settle in and be just about perfect *for me* with some use, it has a short and clearly audible trigger reset, trigger takeup is fine and not excessive, thumb safety location is okay and the on-off tension is just right, 3 dot sights are what they are, magazine catch is easy to use and works fine, slide lock or release is in the right location and is easy to use. Once I got on to it , the 16 rd mag was easy to load, but a loading tool would be better. I have not shot it yet, just pulled the slide all the way back and released it and the Federal round nose solid chambered and ejected just fine. Once you figure it out, it is easy to take down and reassemble. These pistols just started shipping this week. If the pistol works out for me, I will probably get 4 more 16 rd. mags for it and also maybe 2 10 rd mags. All TX22’s have threaded barrels and come with two 16rd or 10rd mags. If the pistol functions reliably with different types of ammo and if it is accurate and is not too picky on the ammo it likes, I think the Taurus will be another fine pistol for plinking, etc. I also have a S&W M&P compact .22 pistol, and it is a fine pistol, but I like the size, grip and trigger of the Taurus pistol better. I will try and get out and shoot some with it this next week and report back with my findings, good or bad.

Here are a few more links to Vids reviews of the TX22 Pistol. Also, I have found, that it's easier *for me* to load the mags if I remove the thumb stud piece from the mag follower, and just stick something round and *close fitting* through the hole in the follower to act as a loading tool. If you have longer fingernails than I do, you may not need to do this. Prices on this pistol are from $275. and up.

Taurus TX 22 Range Time Review Sweet Handgun!

Taurus TX 22 Slide Disassembly & Cleaning

Last edited by Biggy; 02-10-19 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Just received the 4 extra 16rd mags I ordered for this pistol today. After around 500rds of various brands of solid and HP high velocity .22 LR ammo, my TX22 has excellent reliability and it's accuracy is on par or a little better than my S&W M&P .22 compact pistol, that is now history. I am satisfied with it so far and have really no complaints about it It looks like the price of this pistol will settle to around $275-$285. at some point.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    In my limited shooting of this gun, it has handled the odd assortment of .22 I threw at it (mostly various bulk packs) and is very accurate. I have yet to have a malfunction. Very pleased.