Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Olight PL-Mini 2 Modular Weapon Light

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought the PL 2 Valkyrie over the Christmas season and was thoroughly impressed. I bought two of the mini's. I got the first one today and so far, I am liking it! Small, lightweight but tosses out a good beam!!
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The mount is very clever along with being rechargable without having to remove it from the firearm. Interesting point, Olight's website does not list the run time.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cb805 View Post
    Olight isn’t exactly known for their customer service but would be interesting if they will do something about the mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you had an actual bad experience with their CS? I had a small S1 Baton go intermittent on me. I had to reset it by taking out the battery for it to work. I emailed them about it, they sent an RMA number to me pretty quickly, I sent them the light, they gave me the new improved version for free. That's pretty good CS if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    I have an older Olight M30 ( bought it new) that hasn't even seen 1/2 hour of usage, and has never been outside of the house. It stopped working, period. It's out of warranty, and is in perfect condition minus the not working part. I for one will never buy an Olight again.
    Their warranty is 5 years. Who doesn't use a light for a full 5 years? Contact their CS and send it back to them. Explain to them that it has only a half hour usage. You might be surprised at what they do. It won't hurt.
    Warranty after 5 years off their site: "After 5 years of purchase: Return the product to Olight and we will repair or replace it. We will assess the fees involved and will let you know once we receive it. "

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    The mount is very clever along with being rechargable without having to remove it from the firearm. Interesting point, Olight's website does not list the run time.

jpgm
    I see the original PL-Mini is listed at 1hr 10 min. I am pretty sure it is similar. Send them an email if you need to know exactly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I see the original PL-Mini is listed at 1hr 10 min. I am pretty sure it is similar. Send them an email if you need to know exactly.
    It says 60m

but I don't know how to decipher their specs.....

600lumens (~60lm);

60m (1m).

So I assume over the course of 60 minutes it reduces from 600lm at 100meters down to about 60lm at 1meter
    so 200 more lm at the cost of 10 minutes run time over the old model.

Old Model 1

400lumens (~60lm);
    1h10m (1m).

Seems like a pretty good warranty to me...... 5 years.
    WARRANTY:
    Within 30 days of purchase: Return the product to the retailer you purchased it from and they will replace or repair it. Period.

Within 5 years of purchase: Return the product to Olight and we will repair or replace it as long as the light is not working because of factory defects. This does not include obvious user wear or extreme damage.

After 5 years of purchase: Return the product to Olight and we will repair or replace it. We will assess the fees involved and will let you know once we receive it.

Support: cs@olightstore.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ok, just got my light. Fits both VP9 and PPS with the included adapter as both have different rail systems.

The written instructions say that it will run at full output for 1 minute. Then it will run for 10 minutes as it ramps from 600 to 60 lumens. The total run time is 60 minutes.

So...

600 lumens 1 minute

600 to 60 lumens over 10 minutes

60 lumens about 50 minutes

ETA: Just something I noticed. If you charge from a power brick, once it fully charges the LED goes out instead of staying green. If you put it on a wired USB outlet the LED turns green and stays that way.
    Last edited by tb-av; 02-01-19 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    I would love to see one mounted on a xds. Could anyone oblige?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric p View Post
    I would love to see one mounted on a xds. Could anyone oblige?

I think a friend of mine might have an XDS.. if so I could do that but it might be next week.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    51112863_2212216662176173_6842561859548086272_n.jpg

Not an XDS, but this came in yesterday...
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I think a friend of mine might have an XDS.. if so I could do that but it might be next week.
    That’d be awesome!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast