Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Olight PL-Mini 2 Modular Weapon Light

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric p View Post
    I would love to see one mounted on a xds. Could anyone oblige?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows up several times in my review above.

Feedback Score

New Olight PL-Mini 2 Modular Weapon Light

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

Shows up several times in my review above.
    In your opinion does it fit well and intuitive to use. On the xds that is.

Last edited by Eric p; 02-02-19 at 12:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Received today though usps indicated it was a scheduled delivery for this past Thursday. Perhaps weather delay. One of those dumb deals where it went from Georgia, up to Memphis and down to me in central Alabama. Looks like it sat in Memphis for a few days.

Appears to be well made. Only took 30 minutes for a full charge. Magnetic charger is very firm. Ran it for 2 minutes and the charger was still in the green. Good quality QD. Small little sucker. Very glad it doesn't have that worthless (to me) strobe function.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Indeed

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Two things I noticed. 1 good 1 iffy.

1. unlatch it, remove it, recharge it while the mount stays on the weapon even in the unlatched position.

2. If you just try to pop a blast of light, just a blip..... you can't. It has to stay on close to one sec. A quick blip actually turns it on until you blip it again. I would have reversed that function because it you want it on for long you would just hold the button a second anyway. It just seems backwards to me but pretty easy to get used to.

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    I have an older Olight M30 ( bought it new) that hasn't even seen 1/2 hour of usage, and has never been outside of the house. It stopped working, period. It's out of warranty, and is in perfect condition minus the not working part. I for one will never buy an Olight again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I bought a SureFire Aviator original version that failed right away. Like the first week. Called SureFire, and they said... "what's your address?" Sent me a new dual bulb component. I guess that's going on 20 years now.

Contact OLight... maybe they will fix you up.
    I saw this thread and thought it worthy of a first post, specifically because Olight USA has proven itself to be quite difficult to deal with regarding actually standing behind their products. My experience with them was extremely negative, though I think they are quite capable of producing a decent product. In 2015 I purchased two Olight tactical torches, an M20 Warrior, and the M30 Triton, both were purchased via "Battery Junction" and a bit more on that in a few moments. These torches were acquired with the intent of mounting them to a Colt's 6940 LE Carbine, both were ordered at the same time, and both initially seemed to work on all modes, however, the M20 fit my mount whereas the M30 did not(so much for uniformity), so the M20 went on the Colt and stayed there for a few years, it was a nice little torch.

The M30 was something else altogether, it failed within a few weeks and ultimately only two of its tiny LED's would light at all, and those very dimply, obviously it was defective. I recall contacting Battery Junction and attempting to have it returned, they flatly refused, instead adamantly insisting it be returned to Olight USA, even though this purchase had been through them, and just a few weeks prior. I was forced to contact Olight USA, first via a telephone number supplied me by Battery Junction, and then via a seemingly corporate email. This was in 2015, as for the telephone, it was never answered by a human being, ever. It was simply a prerecorded voice instructing you to contact them by email, the same exact message runs to this very day, almost four years later, you will never talk with an actual CSR. As for the email, all emails sent to Olight USA in 2015 went unanswered, probably a dozen or so attempts, not a single reply! After a month or so of trying, and being firmly blown off by Battery Junction, I just said to hell with both of em and forgot about it.

Flash forward to November 2018 and as I was rummaging through a drawer I happened upon the brand new M30 in its factory box, after playing with it for a few moments it worked perfectly, then quit yet again, I then thought to attempt to contact Olight USA once again and this time sent them a polite, lengthy email explaining the failure and inquiring whether I might "PURCHASE" parts in an attempt at fixing the thing, it was after all a seemingly well built torch. Once again, zero replies, I re-sent the email four times, right on up to the week before Thanksgiving. Same result three years in the making, when amazingly, inexplicably, I received a reply email from a person identified as "Jen," in this email she very politely apologized for the slow response(she thought it had been a few weeks, not three years)and she gave me detailed instructions on where to send my torch, and that Olight would either repair or replace it free of charge! Needless to say I jumped on it, and sent the torch off exactly as instructed.

A few days later I received yet another email, this one from an individual id'd as "Carlos,", in which he issued me an entirely different set of instructions, totally contradictory to the first set sent me by "ahh" Jen, his instructions included the requirement of obtaining an RMA, necessary before sending them anything on warranty, instructions now impossible to follow as I had already followed "Jens" instructions to the T! This prompted med to reply to this Carlos, in my email I explained exactly what I had done and why, including sending him a copy of the first email and its instructions. Carlos never replied, a week later I resent the email yet again, and 5-days later I got another reply from someone other than Carlos, they were polite, prompting me not to worry, ect. but they never answered my question as to whether they had my torch logged into their system. Now, this has repeated itself 5 more times, always an entirely different individual, always polite, never answering the question, merely instructing me not to worry, they are very busy(I never even asked them about such)and that they'd get to it. Its now going on 3-months since first contact, almost four years since purchase and I have absolutely no idea what has transpired here, other than I am now out an additional $12.00 in shipping and the torch altogether.

[B]I'll never buy Olight anything again, if you check you will discover that my experience is commonplace, though the accounts will be buried, don't expect Battery Junction to allow you to publish such an account, they will not, and I might add I will never use them again either, in this instance they served no greater function than to serve as a parasitic broker to my purchase, they flatly refused to stand behind the product they sold me, hiding behind the manufacturers meaningless warranty, they will simply refer you to the Olight telephone that they know nobody will ever answer. I might add this, this was not a computer, or a flat screen, it was a stupid flashlight, a $140.00 flashlight, I fully expect I will never hear back from Olight again, and I would not be surprised to discover they really only honor their warranty 1/20 attempts, that its entirely fraudulent, it sure left me with the impression of having dealt with an organized criminal element, to say the least![/B].

Good luck to you lads.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sucks to be you, but like I posted above, I have had a good experience with them. Here is the proof. They responded a couple days later with the RMA form and sent me a new one after they received my RMA. I wish I kept their email response after receiving the RMA and light that mentions that they will be giving me the upgraded model. Can't find it though. Must have deleted it.

Although the fact that you are getting names and not olight tech support like I did, is suspect to say the least.

I might also add, I let one of my buddies know of a sale around Black Friday of their M2T Warrior lights. He forgot and ordered it a couple days ahead of the sale. I reminded him on sale day and he sent me a pic of his receipt and said they are on their way. I told him how much a dumbass he was, because thats what real friends do and said it was 40% off that day. I told him to call and see if they would discount his existing order for him. Guess what...they did. That doesn't sound like an organized criminal element to me.

Attachment 55795
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-04-19 at 14:32. Reason: added info

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    wow, that's a crazy story. In the new light I just received the largest document was a flat card.
    On that card it simply says... we're not happy until you are happy, if you have any problem ever, contact CS@olight. 5 year warranty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Sucks to be you, but like I posted above, I have had a good experience with them. Here is the proof. They responded a couple days later with the RMA form and sent me a new one after they received my RMA. I wish I kept their email response after receiving the RMA and light that mentions that they will be giving me the upgraded model. Can't find it though. Must have deleted it.

Although the fact that you are getting names and not olight tech support like I did, is suspect to say the least.

Attachment 55795
    Some folks do, they can make a decent torch I'll say that for em, however its the responses you don't get when you need them that count. After I started digging into them, reading up on them, it became obvious that the majority of warranty experiences were as equally negative as mine. Another thing noted if you dig around a bit, is that if you live in Georgia where they are actually located, you get a very good response, while those from other states get the "sucks to be you treatment!" Here's the email sent me by Jen instructing me on how to return them their product and what they would do for me,

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your nice email.
    Sorry to cause any inconvenience.

PLS kindly send the item to this below address to get fixed by our engineer.

If still not ok, we will send you new ones.

Taylor Russell
    Customer Service Representative
    Olight USA
    2270 NW Pkwy SE, Suite 180
    Marietta, GA 30067
    (770) 779-7156

Any question, pls be free to contact us.

Jen

OGLIGHT SERVICE TEAM
    Last edited by DeathNinja; 02-04-19 at 14:53. Reason: add email

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathNinja View Post
    Some folks do, they can make a decent torch I'll say that for em, however its the responses you don't get when you need them that count. After I started digging into them, reading up on them, it became obvious that the majority of warranty experiences were as equally negative as mine. Another thing noted if you dig around a bit, is that if you live in Georgia where they are actually located, you get a very good response, while those from other states get the "sucks to be you treatment!" Here's the email sent me by Jen instructing me on how to return them their product and what they would do for me,
    I don't live in Georgia. Also, why didn't you get an RMA number along with a form to submit with the light? How would they know what light they were getting and from who other than the postage info on the box you sent? Doesn't make any sense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast