Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Olight PL-Mini 2 Modular Weapon Light

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I don't live in Georgia. Also, why didn't you get an RMA number along with a form to submit with the light? How would they know what light they were getting and from who other than the postage info on the box you sent? Doesn't make any sense.
    Did you not read my post? I added the email from Olight USA, and its instructions for returning the device, it mentions no need of an RMA. I followed those instructions to the letter, and I have a half dozen emails in reply in which they continually state all is well, no worries here. As for your experience, thats great for you, you are in the minority on that. Most folks get what I got, blown off, and completely contradictory instructions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathNinja View Post
    Did you not read my post? I added the email from Olight USA, and its instructions for returning the device, it mentions no need of an RMA. I followed those instructions to the letter, and I have a half dozen emails in reply in which they continually state all is well, no worries here. As for your experience, thats great for you, you are in the minority on that. Most folks get what I got, blown off, and completely contradictory instructions.
    Well did you send it in?

Also, your "duplicated" email has Taylor Russell's email sig as the CS rep, but then has Jen underneath that. What gives?

Feedback Score
    Well did you send it in?

Also, your "duplicated" email has Taylor Russell's email sig as the CS rep, but then has Jen underneath that. What gives?
    Yes, I sent it immediately off to Olight following her instructions to the T! Taylor seems to be the chief engineer, at least that is what I surmised, that or he was the party she understood as the coordinator for all returns or some such. Several days after this email I received another, stating totally contradictory instructions, instructions now impossible to follow. However, Olight received and signed for the package, and al of my follow up emails explaining my confusion and containing the tracking number. Zippity do da since!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah sucks for the dude who had bad experience. I cannot say the same, my experiences have been great. Even to the extent that I left an akaline AAA in a light of theirs, it leaked and damaged the head. I contacted CS, offered to pay for the replacement. They just sent me a whole new light, no questions, no bullshit, no sending old one in.

I have a bunch of their stuff and if you buy from them I think ylu will be happy.

Anoyone else find it odd that DeathNinja’s only posts ona new account are bashing a fairly respected company?
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 02-04-19 at 18:38.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Yeah sucks for the dude who had bad experience. I cannot say the same, my experiences have been great. Even to the extent that I left an akaline AAA in a light of theirs, it leaked and damaged the head. I contacted CS, offered to pay for the replacement. They just sent me a whole new light, no questions, no bullshit, no sending old one in.

I have a bunch of their stuff and if you buy from them I think ylu will be happy.

Anoyone else find it odd that DeathNinja’s only posts ona new account are bashing a fairly respected company?
    I was thinking the same. Plus the story keeps taking new turns and doesn't make sense. If he is telling the truth then cool, I hope things get fixed. If not, then whoever other manufacturer he is trolling for is garbage for doing so.

Feedback Score
    I was thinking the same. Plus the story keeps taking new turns and doesn't make sense. If he is telling the truth then cool, I hope things get fixed. If not, then whoever other manufacturer he is trolling for is garbage for doing so.
    New turns? Dear Christ please don't be that kind of guy, you and the other fella, Hotrodder, going paranoid on us, implying that because my post total is below your secret standard I'm what, trolling for Olight? I have very bad news for you, I had a terrible experience with that company, they are not reputable, they have a terrible terrible reputation, you saying otherwise really makes me wonder about you? Go search the web and discover for yourself how awful their customer service reputation really is, its terrible, I posted my experience here because the subject was being discussed, and your response to that is that I am trolling Olight? You ever hear the term "confirmation bias?" Their reputation is so bad candlepower forums won't even allow discussion of them anymore. Look, no offense but I always marvel when a particular subset of folks seem to take other folks negative customer service experiences with a company personally, how bizarre is that? Here's the 411 for you, Olight is a Chinese company, and a good 95% of most Chinese companies are as far from reputable as you can get. Go research them, they are notoriously awful, with many of their customers experiencing months of delays in getting a repair, or replacement. Its great you ain't one of those people, but don't be that guy who takes it personally when other good folks such as myself take the time to explain how their experience was nowhere near the positive experience your's happened to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If anyone is taking it personally, it's you. We just noticed some observations that are a little sketchy. I even mentioned that if your story is real, I hope Olight makes it right. You are the one going off the deep end right now "yelling" in big, bold, print.

I am a member of candlepower forums. Olight is no different than Fenix, Thrunite, Klarus, Jetbeam, Foursevens, Zebralight, Eagtac, etc. They are Chinese companies that make, for the most part, pretty good products. You may or may not have had a bad experience, I don't know you, so I don't know, but there are at least a couple people here that have had good experiences with their CS.

One of the weird things I get from this whole thing is, who returns merchandise without an RMA number? That just isn't a smart thing to do.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-04-19 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's the light at 25 meters aimed at my shop.

Same deal at 50 meters.

Feedback Score
    If anyone is taking it personally, it's you. We just noticed some observations that are a little sketchy. I even mentioned that if your story is real, I hope Olight makes it right. You are the one going off the deep end right now "yelling" in big, bold, print.

I am a member of candlepower forums. Olight is no different than Fenix, Thrunite, Klarus, Jetbeam, Foursevens, Zebralight, Eagtac, etc. They are Chinese companies that make, for the most part, pretty good products. You may or may not have had a bad experience, I don't know you, so I don't know, but there are at least a couple people here that have had good experiences with their CS.

One of the weird things I get from this whole thing is, who returns merchandise without an RMA number? That just isn't a smart thing to do.
    No sir, you and the other pair are taking it personally, frankly such behavior is despicable, the point of a forum and subforum such as this, is the free exchange of information, so that the other guy's, you know those folks whose personal sense of well being isn't so wrapped up in justifying their every purchase as evidence of their supreme awesomeness, can proceed ahead from a more thorough, cleaner perspective than the ridiculous assertions you three seem to making, specifically that your experience was so awesome, that those whose were not are liars and trolls! You claim membership at candlepower forums, then you know better than anyone else in this thread beyond myself, that Olight has created a terrible reputation for itself, such is irrefutable, you also know that Battery Junction holds so much sway in that forum that today anyone who even goes there about Olight gets banned out of hand, and that the membership there has imploded as a consequence. One other thing, yelling? My friend the use of bold is not "yelling," its simply a mechanism employed to emphasize certain points above others. Do you think perhaps, that people have a legitimate right to know that Battery Junction acts in the capacity of a parasite when it sells an unsuspecting customer an Olight torch which they will flatly refuse to warranty, instead referring all comers to that Olight phone number that nobody every answers when all goes not well? Whats the benefit to that customer in doing business with an internet operation whose only contribution to the entire transaction was to simply bleed the customer a little more that Olight itself might have? Get it now? I told you I got the distinct impression from that outfit of having been grinded by organized crime, and I would not be surprised in the least to learn that they indeed are operated by just that.

I am certain that the good folks of this forum will thank me, rather than yourself, after they do a little homework....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathNinja View Post
    One other thing, yelling? My friend the use of bold is not "yelling," its simply a mechanism employed to emphasize certain points above others.
    Bold isn't, but letter size does imply this. Chill out, I already have a wife.

You came into a thread about the new PL Mini-2 and offered no help other than bitching about something that happened to you in 2015 which involved a totally different product to begin with. Again, I hope Olight fixes it for you, but obviously others, including me have had different experiences than you. Good luck with your repair.

....and next time make a note to self, do yourself a little favor, and get an RMA number.

***edited***

To give DN the benefit of the doubt, I did a search in Candlepower forums on Olight CS. The first 3 links that mentions Olight customer service are:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...stomer-Service
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...contact-Olight
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...stomer-service

All of them have a person having problems with contacting CS and the rest helping that poster with the right email to contact with while saying that they have had no problems and the CS has been great. I don't know what more to say.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-05-19 at 21:13.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast