Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
That is called marketing bullshit.

Everyone knows its bullshit including the Mossberg lady.

What did you expect her to say?

"We came out with this product to skirt the NFA and sell short shotguns to people"

How do you think that is going to be twisted when the liberal media gets ahold of a soundbite like that? And runs a 60 Minutes episode about how Mossberg is selling "sawed off shotguns" and "exploiting a loophole in the law."
I get it. I know they have to be careful how they market stuff.
I think most firearms savvy people know what the Shockwave is and is not suited for.
Part of my frustration, not with Mossberg, or Franklin Armory, but just in general...is I'm tired of playing semantics and word games ("modern sporting rifle" etc..) when it comes to guns.
The NFA is stupid and should be circumvented at every opportunity, just on principle. But yeah, I know in the current climate, a company that wants to stay in business or avoid a PR nightmare has to handle things differently.
I think InRange may have been looking at the Shockwave from the perspective of "what about the uninformed consumers who take Mossberg at their word and buy the Shockwave as their ultimate HD weapon?"