Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory blacklists InRangeTV at SHOT Show 2019

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Franklin Armory blacklists InRangeTV at SHOT Show 2019

I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with InRangeTV. If not, then you should be. It's a very entertaining and informative show. It's primarily a firearm focused program, but they cover other subjects as well - I particularly like Karl's history vignettes.

The hosts of InRangeTV are regulars at SHOT Show, and manufacturers typically welcome them into their booths. Last year at SHOT Show Franklin Armory debuted the "Reformation" - their "non-rifled AR" - which Karl and Ian gave a critical review of. This year Franklin Armory debuted their new "Providence" non-semiautomatic AR, and they have barred InRangeTV from their booth and from reviewing the weapon.
    Not a wise business decision in my opinion.

A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Franklin Armory's side:

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    If you watch the original IRTV video, Karl and Ian didn't try to trip the Franklin Armory spokesman up - he did that himself, just fine, tripping over his own toes.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I completely disagree with InRange's methods at these events.

They did the same bullshit at the Mossberg booth about the shockwave in 2018.

They ask gotcha questions which put the vendor's item in a negative light.

They are like little kids that keep asking "why?" Why? WHY????!!!!

If someone doesn't get the concept behind the Reformation, that person is retarded.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-25-19 at 10:55.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If you watch the original IRTV video, Karl and Ian didn't try to trip the Franklin Armory spokesman up - he did that himself, just fine, tripping over his own toes.

You gotta love the "audio only" portion of the video...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I completely disagree with InRange's methods at these events.

They did the same bullshit at the Mossberg booth about the shockwave in 2018.

They ask gotcha questions which put the vendor's item in a negative light.

They are like little kids that keep asking "why?" Why? WHY????!!!!

If someone doesn't get the concept behind the Reformation, that person is retarded.
    Missed the reformation video, usually really like their stuff, but did catch the shockwave one and have to agree.

And the thing is, they do know why on the reformation and shockwave because in at least one of their bullpup vids they mentioned as being a way to sbr size without nfa.

While I am not a big shotgun fan in general and have never shot a pistol gripped 12 gauge, based on shooting .44 magnum Blackhawk and .44 Redhawk I have to assume shooting a 12 gauge with traditional versus the shockwave was not an apples to apples comparison either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Missed the reformation video, usually really like their stuff, but did catch the shockwave one and have to agree.

And the thing is, they do know why on the reformation and shockwave because in at least one of their bullpup vids they mentioned as being a way to sbr size without nfa.

While I am not a big shotgun fan in general and have never shot a pistol gripped 12 gauge, based on shooting .44 magnum Blackhawk and .44 Redhawk I have to assume shooting a 12 gauge with traditional versus the shockwave was not an apples to apples comparison either.
    I think the InRange guys' objection to the Reformation and the Shockwave were not that they exist, because I recall them saying they get the whole idea of giving a finger to the NFA, but that the manufacturers of those products were trying to pass them off as being something other than just simple NFA workarounds. As though their NFA-skirting quirks somehow made them superior to other, more conventional options for practical purposes. Mossberg was basically describing the Shockwave as like the "ultimate home defense weapon" for women or something. And Franklin Armory was practically portraying the Reformation and it's Nerf bullets as the next great leap in kinetic energy projectile technology.
    Something about the Shockwave did seem to rankle Ian (The milder mannered, long haired guy) in particular though. As I recall comments made by Karl (Who is usually the bigger jackass of the two) later that even he was caught off guard by the way the normally laid back Ian went after the Mossberg rep.
    To be fair to the companies though, I suppose it's probably a smart move to at least try and portray these products as having some kind of purpose beyond "Get bent, NFA" because while there's nothing illegal about that, it is in their best interests to maintain good relations with the ATF.

Feedback Score
    Pretty low class at InRange. Not even men enough to face up straight up. Never watched them and now never will.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I am not big on marketing buzzwords either, but not to the point of ragging on someone presenting a product and what seemed to be on the edge of pissed off.

That kind of reaction over gadgetry isn't limited to those 2 either. There is a lot of stuff that makes me shake my head, but at the end of the day I think the more people getting an interest in firearms, and more so stuff that triggers statists, is a better thing for all of us. Things never got better by making them happy.

Feedback Score
    I do enjoy watching InRange TV and Forgotten Weapons. Anyhow, Franklin armory's gimmicky products are just that... gimmicks to work around existing man made (not all wise) laws. Give it a few years and those non rifled non semiautomatic long guns will be featured on Forgotten Weapons...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8vmind; 01-26-19 at 19:59.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast