Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory blacklists InRangeTV at SHOT Show 2019

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Inrange and Forgotten Weapons come off a little different. In general I enjoy their YouTube content. Socially I probably couldn't be around them for more than 15 minutes. However they seem to be vetted in regards to their knowledge of firearms development and history of use. So when Larry Vickers collaborates with Ian, I can see why.
    My feeling is that Franklin Armory is pushing the envelope of the 2nd amendment. Seeing how far they can develop a popular product (ARs) without violating ATF regulations.
    Recording the conversation without the reps knowledge is a little shady, if true.
    But banning them only makes the company look shadier. So asking questions, condescending or otherwise, is a threat to their company? Can't the product speak for itself? Who says we have to be polite when it comes to spending our hard earned money? I'm glad they asked the questions they did because the majority of gun owners don't even know where to begin with in regards to SBRs and NFA laws.
    To me it seems that there is a certain market Franklin Armory is after ie. the 80% lower crowd. Franklin Armory seems right up their alley. Can you imagine it? An 80% lower with the smooth bore, shorty upper? Their heads would explode LOL!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocalsocal; 01-27-19 at 15:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    But banning them only makes the company look shadier. So asking questions, condescending or otherwise, is a threat to their company? Can't the product speak for itself? Who says we have to be polite when it comes to spending our hard earned money?

The issue is them asking questions to a company employee, trying to get him to say something that can be later taken out of context; and be used to portray the company in a negative light or be used against the company in legal proceedings.

Not denying access to some youtube people will not damage the company.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This industry attracts an unusually high number of ah... let's call it egos. Some here don't know that and are looking to apply logic to this situation.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I came across “in range” a few months ago on YouTube. I have a hard time getting through most of their videos. They seem like arogant dorks from the high school AV club.

This Ian character is especially off putting. He has a very obvious condescending tone and is clearly trying to make this guy look foolish.

The first video I ever saw with this guy was a Forgotten Weapons with Larry Vickers. I had never seen him before but my first thought was that Larry looked uncomfortable with him and kind of wanted to give him a wedgie.
    He was comfortable enough to have him work on the Vickers Guide: Kalashnikov book.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've never actually found Ian to come off as condescending personally. he's always seemed kinda soft spoken and easygoing. Karl is the one who can come across as kinda cringey and abrasive usually, but he's apparently some kind of infosec hacker geek by trade so I guess it kinda fits. He's seems to be a pretty legit skilled shooter though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I came across “in range” a few months ago on YouTube. I have a hard time getting through most of their videos. They seem like arogant dorks from the high school AV club.

This Ian character is especially off putting. He has a very obvious condescending tone and is clearly trying to make this guy look foolish.

The first video I ever saw with this guy was a Forgotten Weapons with Larry Vickers. I had never seen him before but my first thought was that Larry looked uncomfortable with him and kind of wanted to give him a wedgie.
    QFT

If I wanted to watch arrogant Village People wannabes discuss guns, well, I'd listen/view these guys. But since I don't.......
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He was comfortable enough to have him work on the Vickers Guide: Kalashnikov book.
    IIRC, Ian McCollum also helped on the WWII German Guns book. And I believe there are plans for him to work on Kalash 2 and other Vickers Guide books.

The photographer for the Vickers Guide books - James Rupley - also did the photography on McCollum's forthcoming book on French rifles: Chassepot to FAMAS: French Military Rifles, 1866-2016, IIRC.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    IIRC, Ian McCollum also helped on the WWII German Guns book. And I believe there are plans for him to work on Kalash 2 and other Vickers Guide books.

The photographer for the Vickers Guide books - James Rupley - also did the photography on McCollum's forthcoming book on French rifles: Chassepot to FAMAS: French Military Rifles, 1866-2016, IIRC.
    I believe you are correct on that.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    A practical workable flechette firing gun would be much more usesful than a brace.

A pistol brace can be taken away just like a bumpstock with a decree that they are illegal.
    How would it be more useful?
    How would be be any more resistant to being made illegal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A flechette that worked "could" bring something new to the table and open up a door for new designs versus everything being somewhat stagnant now using cartridges that have been around 100+ years.

Ammo that stabilizes itself in a smooth bore would allow for standard buttstocks which are a bit handier than pistol braces.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast