Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active duty and purchasing suppressor

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Active duty and purchasing suppressor

Good evening everyone.

I had a question regarding purchasing a suppressor and being active military.

Just to give a little bit of background info: I am active duty army stationed in HI, but have a home of record address based in TX.

So my question is: can I purchase a suppressor and have it stored at my address in TX? Is there any reason why this would be unwise?

I apologize if this question comes off as stupid. I've been reading all I can regarding NFA, and I did not find an exact answer to my question. I've been a CA resident my entire life, so anything NFA related is new to me.

So just to recap, if I'm stationed anywhere outside of TX, am I still able to buy and keep the suppressor at my home address in TX while I am in another state?

Thanks very much

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    as long as it's locked up... gun safe or safety deposit box, not a problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To pick up an NFA item in Texas, you have to be a resident of Texas, have an address in Texas and pick it up in person.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Perhaps you can set up a trust, but that'll have to be done in Texas possibly, since it may need witness signature.

I set up a trust before basic, and picked up most of NFA items except one suppressor. My brother, my only trustee, was able to pick it up for me. He showed the trust, and it was all good.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    To pick up an NFA item in Texas, you have to be a resident of Texas, have an address in Texas and pick it up in person.
    Ok, thank you. Do you know if it is possible to have a trust set up in TX? If so, I would be able to use my brother as a trustee. The address is also not an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Perhaps you can set up a trust, but that'll have to be done in Texas possibly, since it may need witness signature.

I set up a trust before basic, and picked up most of NFA items except one suppressor. My brother, my only trustee, was able to pick it up for me. He showed the trust, and it was all good.
    Thanks again

Feedback Score
    These folks would probably be the best place to ask:

I used to use them but let my membership lapse. Been thinking about renewing...

https://www.uslawshield.com/state_coverage/texas/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Your inbox is full

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Your inbox is full

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Sorry about that, thanks for letting me know. I cleared it up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Don;t know if it's the same in TX but in VA before all the rules changed you either had to pick it up in person or they would ship it to you after notifying the chief LEO and waiting 5 days. Now they can just ship it to you since the chief LEO already knows you are getting it anyway.

So I suppose you could do it all unless for some reason they required your specific signature upon delivery which would seem like a stretch. So if it is shipped to you home address in TX it seems like that would be ok to me.

BigWalon knows this stuff upside down, backwards and forwards. Be interesting to see what he thinks. I don't see why you should have to suffer to simply make this type purchase.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thanks everyone. I'll check out that link posted above.

tb-av, who is BigWalon if you don't mind me asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast