Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 LEOs shot in TX

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Union rep early on: Gamaldi said. "We are sick and tired of having dirtbags trying to take our lives when all we're trying to do is protect this community and protect our families."
    I have always despised this kind of whining. You are NOT entitled to go home at the end of your shift. If you cannot accept that, be a plumber.

I have always hated the breeder types who care soooo much about their lives and families. You are either all in or all out.

I've been grievously injured in line of duty before and I lived through it You'll be fine. ..

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'll admit, as a Police Officer, when I first heard five officers were shot I was saddened and angered. I was happy to hear that the dirtbag who shot them was dead. I assumed that the officers were doing what I and my coworkers do every day, honest work, for okay pay, while trying to make a difference.

The more evidence that comes out, the more angry I am. Not at the system, not at people who hate cops, but at cops who make my job infinitely harder by being what we swore to defend against. I am angry that people lost their lives who likely should not have. I am angered by the thought that someone could lie on a warrant and put me in the same position as some of those cops were on that call, who had no idea of the details and lies. I am angered that myself or my loved ones could just have easily been on the receiving end of that lie in our own homes.

I assure you that 99% of all police officers do not view themselves above the law. I do not get a bonus for more arrests or tickets, but I do lose my job the moment I lie to make an extra arrest. It isn't worth it to most of us, for a million reasons.

The media does not always report accurately on things, trust me, I've been involved in plenty of news stories that had me infuriated by the lies and inaccuracies they report. BUT, if the truth of the matter is that this was a reenactment of Training Day, heads need to roll, cops need to be charged with murder, conspiracy, burglary, and leadership AT ALL levels needs to be removed and held responsible.

No matter the outcome, changes need to be made. Risk vs Reward. The risk in these types of operations is far greater than the reward. Warrants need to stop being requested and they need to stop being approved for situations like this, period. Raids like this need to stop. ALL cops need to be outfitted with BWC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might want to take a more discerning look at the system as a whole because (assuming the article I shared was correct) there was a series of events leading up to the events of that afternoon spread out over decades and involving lots of people through out the system. And it isn't some stretch to believe the article is factual, because the series of lower level crimes getting blown off and leading up to events like this is, unfortunately, not uncommon.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-17-19 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    You might want to take a more discerning look at the system as a whole because (assuming the article I shared was correct) there was a series of events leading up to the events of that afternoon spread out over decades and involving lots of people through out the system. And it isn't some stretch to believe the article is factual, because the series of lower level crimes getting blown off and leading up to events like this is, unfortunately, not uncommon.
    Like I said, I'll believe the facts when they are laid out with all the evidence. Until then, it's a very tragic and disturbing situation that warrants serious/unbiased investigation by an outside agency.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two close friends both former military, who have a lot more experience in and with Law Enforcement than I will ever have. They tell me this is just the system in Houston and it has been for a long time and it's more likely to continue than to be fixed.
    I'm pretty sure the Texas Rangers will end up being called in to investigate, but I'm also sure Acevedo can't fix this stuff.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I have two close friends both former military, who have a lot more experience in and with Law Enforcement than I will ever have. They tell me this is just the system in Houston and it has been for a long time and it's more likely to continue than to be fixed.
    I'm pretty sure the Texas Rangers will end up being called in to investigate, but I'm also sure Acevedo can't fix this stuff.
    Acevedo has long been the root of many issues, and he stains agencies wherever he goes. Department culture comes directly from its leadership.

The Texas Rangers I'm sure will do a fantastic job on this one if they are selected to investigate it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I do hope the Rangers investigate as well. If asked, I'm sure they will do a very thorough and impartial job.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I'll admit, as a Police Officer, when I first heard five officers were shot I was saddened and angered. I was happy to hear that the dirtbag who shot them was dead. I assumed that the officers were doing what I and my coworkers do every day, honest work, for okay pay, while trying to make a difference.

The more evidence that comes out, the more angry I am. Not at the system, not at people who hate cops, but at cops who make my job infinitely harder by being what we swore to defend against. I am angry that people lost their lives who likely should not have. I am angered by the thought that someone could lie on a warrant and put me in the same position as some of those cops were on that call, who had no idea of the details and lies. I am angered that myself or my loved ones could just have easily been on the receiving end of that lie in our own homes.

I assure you that 99% of all police officers do not view themselves above the law. I do not get a bonus for more arrests or tickets, but I do lose my job the moment I lie to make an extra arrest. It isn't worth it to most of us, for a million reasons.

The media does not always report accurately on things, trust me, I've been involved in plenty of news stories that had me infuriated by the lies and inaccuracies they report. BUT, if the truth of the matter is that this was a reenactment of Training Day, heads need to roll, cops need to be charged with murder, conspiracy, burglary, and leadership AT ALL levels needs to be removed and held responsible.

No matter the outcome, changes need to be made. Risk vs Reward. The risk in these types of operations is far greater than the reward. Warrants need to stop being requested and they need to stop being approved for situations like this, period. Raids like this need to stop. ALL cops need to be outfitted with BWC.
    I assumed/felt same when I posed the OP. Now, it's just bad mojo all around.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I assumed/felt same when I posed the OP.
    I think we all did. Taking a bunch of scumbags off the street, even feet first, is always a good thing.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    In some states when someone is killed in the commission of a felony the perpetrator(s) can be changed with homicide, does Texas have such laws? And are dirty cops immune to them if they do?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast