Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 LEOs shot in TX

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    FBI reviewing 1,400+ cases of his. Going to be a field day for some lucky attorney to appeal any case the he requested a warrant and/or he relied on a CI.

Acevedo resisting outside inquiry so strongly makes it look like he was involved in some manner. Why were those people targeted? Purely bad luck of the phone book draw? Or any relationship or interaction with Acevedo or Goines?
    It’s the bureacrat’s version of what they don’t know not hurting them. Literally, “What the don’t know can’t hurt me.”
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I disregard almost everything those officers had to say on the subject.

Who gives even a little bit of a shit if some evidence gets flushed? If you had enough for an arrest warrant, you had enough to go to trial with.

No knock warrants are incredibly dangerous for police officers, and more dangerous for innocent civilians. Paul Howe who is a guy that very definitely backs the badge has written about this.

Bad guys don’t really fight back effectively, they just shit themselves. So you get teams of narcotics officers who get to wear blue jeans and cargo shorts with a plate carrier who carry themselves with the mentality that they are gun slingers but when it goes down five get hospitalized by one revolver and a surprised senior citizen.

These warrants seem to serve the purpose of stoking the egos of narcotics officers who think they’re on the pointy edge(busting houses with maybe six figures worth of dope max) and for creating photo ops with bags of powder.

The officers I know that are grounded in reality don’t buy the idea that changing how this stuff is done would really effect the conviction rate meaningfully, but might do a lot to keep officers AND innocent/misdemeanor level citizens alive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    FBI reviewing 1,400+ cases of his. Going to be a field day for some lucky attorney to appeal any case the he requested a warrant and/or he relied on a CI.
    It won’t just be CI cases. The throw down heroine in his vehicle is going to be a get out of jail free card for a lot of dudes.

There’s nothing directly proving that he has done that...but I think we can all agree that it’s exactly what it was there for.

It’s not the majority of the force, but it really is no wonder that there is no trust for law enforcement in the communities that are actively policed as opposed to just getting reactionary policing like most of the neighborhoods we live in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I disregard almost everything those officers had to say on the subject.

Who gives even a little bit of a shit if some evidence gets flushed? If you had enough for an arrest warrant, you had enough to go to trial with.

No knock warrants are incredibly dangerous for police officers, and more dangerous for innocent civilians. Paul Howe who is a guy that very definitely backs the badge has written about this.

Bad guys don’t really fight back effectively, they just shit themselves. So you get teams of narcotics officers who get to wear blue jeans and cargo shorts with a plate carrier who carry themselves with the mentality that they are gun slingers but when it goes down five get hospitalized by one revolver and a surprised senior citizen.

These warrants seem to serve the purpose of stoking the egos of narcotics officers who think they’re on the pointy edge(busting houses with maybe six figures worth of dope max) and for creating photo ops with bags of powder.

The officers I know that are grounded in reality don’t buy the idea that changing how this stuff is done would really effect the conviction rate meaningfully, but might do a lot to keep officers AND innocent/misdemeanor level citizens alive.
    It could be disregarded if incidents like Houston didn't keep popping up. As is, it is rather insightful.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-22-19 at 07:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All this controversy for a guy who had thirty years in and was in multiple shoot outs and many shady cases?
    Sometimes the people that work for you, no matter how long they have worked there, need to be weighed on the scales of "Is this guy worth it?"
    Considering his track record, was it a possibility or an eventuality that something like this was going to happen? I would guess at some point regardless of how high speed you are, it only takes one subordinate like this to bring the whole house down around you.
    You simply cannot defend "No Knock" warrants if you've got guys like this working for you, but no one wants to call them out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    It could be disregarded if incidents like Houston didn't keep popping up. As is, it is rather insightful.
    I don’t mean the article but the comments surrounding it defending no knocks on the premise that they’ll lose a few ounces of drugs to a toilet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Perhaps Goines needs to have a drug test.
    I hear hair samples are hard to beat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    100+ bogus warrant request, stealing evidence, or a mixture?

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...3-f24a45c814ce

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    None of this is suprising to me. Houston is full of Democrats and they have a California Democrat as their chief of police. This is the environment they created.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast