Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 LEOs shot in TX

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    HPD undercover cop's story about deadly raid, drug buy not adding up, affidavit alleges
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...e-7d40bab2b356
    Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo is holding a 1:30 (central) p.m. news conference about the new developments. We will stream it live on KHOU.com, our mobile app and Facebook.
    Last edited by austinN4; 02-15-19 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    HPD undercover cop's story about deadly raid, drug buy not adding up, affidavit alleges
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...e-7d40bab2b356
    Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo is holding a 1:30 (central) p.m. news conference about the new developments. We will stream it live on KHOU.com, our mobile app and Facebook.
    W...T...F...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don’t the officers have to present some evidence such as the drugs, video or audio of the buy, affidavit or something to the judge to get a no-knock warrant?

This is amazing a single officer can initiate a no-knock invasion with zero evidence or oversight. His supervisor should be subject to the scrutiny as this d-bag who fabricated this assault.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Three well know case in GA where exactly this occurred and innocent people died, and a 1yo baby was critically burned.

I support the use of no-knock when serious Intel is done, risk assessment justifies it, blah blah.

But increasingly it seems a very low bar is used. Maybe it's the judges fault, but a common thread in many seems to be CIs, nuisance level drug bust, and little to no real Intel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If this turns out to be accurate, there is some shady sh*t going on to say the least. Heads will need to roll for this one. Starting from the top. Maybe Art Acevedo can hang out with Scott Israel and they can swap stories.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Three well know case in GA where exactly this occurred and innocent people died, and a 1yo baby was critically burned.

I support the use of no-knock when serious Intel is done, risk assessment justifies it, blah blah.

But increasingly it seems a very low bar is used. Maybe it's the judges fault, but a common thread in many seems to be CIs, nuisance level drug bust, and little to no real Intel.
    The judges rubber stamping these warrant requests don't give a damn. They just don't take it seriously so long as it isn't their address on the warrant.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From news conference: entry team not wearing body cams, but others that stayed outside were. WTF? Is that a common SOP?
    Last edited by austinN4; 02-15-19 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    From news conference: entry team not wearing body cams, but others that stayed outside were. WTF? Is that a common SOP?
    It is when you don't want anyone to see what you did.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    It is when you don't want anyone to see what you did.
    This is right out of "Training Day.
    "

Pay back, she's a Bitch.
    Last edited by Averageman; 02-15-19 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The overwhelming majority of patrol officers wear body cameras...hence the officers outside having them. Some parts of the department don’t have them yet, and at least this particular entry team does not. They have claimed budgetary issues for this...which if true, means the priorities are all jacked up on who actually needs them.

I believe that it’s conscious negligence. They are amongst the last to get them...probably by design. It’s certainly not a defined policy to take your camera off as you’re getting jocked up.

I think they’re still stuck in the mindset of protecting police work that may be less than family friendly(I don’t mean corruption or anything like that.). But like dash cams, body cameras exonerate far more officers than they damn...particularly when there are good policies on what situations the footage can be reviewed from.

If I was an officer today without a body camera, I’d consider buying my own for those reasons.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast