Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knight’s SR-30 vs. Daniel Defense ISR Gen 2...

Feedback Score

Question Knight’s SR-30 vs. Daniel Defense ISR Gen 2...

I am considering getting into the .300 black out game. The two contenders are:

1. Knight’s SR-30 with a QDC suppressor vs. DSR set up

2. Daniel Defense ISR Gen 2 in .300 black out

I wanted opinions on both. This would be used for home defense with subsonic ammo, and it would give my wife somehing to shoot, since she hates loud noises.

If I go the Knight’s route, I’ll order a SR-30 lower, form 1 it, and then get the .300 black out upper. For the DD ISR, I can simply get it off Silencer Shop.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    SR-30. KAC customer service is amazing. QDC can is superb. In 556 and 308, KAC guns are better. I’ll be adding one of these myself.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would do the KAC also. Im not a fan of integrated suppressor guns outside of say an MP5SD.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    KAC! In my opinion if your gonna spend the money on a DD you might as well take an extra step and get the KAC. For what you get with DD for the money it's a little steep. IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    Yikes. $6k? I can get the DD ISR for $2800 + one tax stamp.

If I went the KAC route, I’d buy a SR-30 lower, get the tax stamp then get a 300 blk out upper from KAC. Then I would buy a 7.62 QDC suppressor, not the DSR set up, so I can use the QDC on a SR-25 when funds permit.

Bugsy5150 and rjacobs, why a no go on the DD? Specifically how is it inferior other than the pains of dealing with a ISR set up?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I wanted a dedicated suppressed .300 setup, I'd get a LMT CSW.

https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/csw

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    First let me state that I am a total KAC whore!!! I am sure that DD rifles are really nice, I just likes the rough/military look that the KAC rifles have. I bought a complete 9.5 SR30 and have both the QDC and CQB cans that I use on it and other 762 x 51 rifles that I have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy5150 View Post
    First let me state that I am a total KAC whore!!! I am sure that DD rifles are really nice, I just likes the rough/military look that the KAC rifles have. I bought a complete 9.5 SR30 and have both the QDC and CQB cans that I use on it and other 762 x 51 rifles that I have.
    Now that makes more sense to me than the DSR set up, at least for a civilian like
    myself who works 60-80 hrs a week and has a hard time getting to the range. For an operator, I think the DSR makes perfect sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast