Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knight’s SR-30 vs. Daniel Defense ISR Gen 2...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There is not a whole lot of info on the DD ISR 2 that I have seen. On TOS a guy took apart the original ISR and the actual baffle portion was pretty small. He said overall it was loud but that is always subjective.

I have an AAC 9" barreled upper with a suppressor I can move around. I am glad I went this route vice something like the ISR or the Leonidas (first integral upper I was aware of at the time).

My vote is the SR-30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post

Bugsy5150 and rjacobs, why a no go on the DD? Specifically how is it inferior other than the pains of dealing with a ISR set up?
    I personally would never own an integral suppressor gun outside of an MP5SD like I already said. "on paper" an integral gun looks great as a 1 stamp option... but I would rather spend $200 more and have an SBR and a can that I can move around to various guns. I only have 1 rifle can(it still suits my needs), but I have 5 guns I can use it on. Yea the OAL is a bit longer than an integral gun, but IMO the benefits of being able to move the can around from gun to gun outweigh the slight increase in OAL. I have not measured my 9" AAC 300blk upper with my 762SDN6 on it, but I am guessing its pretty close in OAL to the DD ISR. AAC lists it as 7.66" long so 9+7.66 is 16.66, but there is some overlap there, so probably pretty close to 16" OAL combined, which should be also what the DD ISR is since its not an SBR. So OAL is a wash IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12