Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor covers to mitigate mirage

Feedback Score

Suppressor covers to mitigate mirage

What’s your favorites and why? I have a SOCOM 762, 556 and a Genesis. I really notice it shooting in the cold at distance. Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The SiCo made by Cole-Tac is hands down the best ! The velcro makes it a breeze to put and take off and they also offer a high-temp model that works.

Feedback Score
    I like Burn proof gear.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Cole Tac

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I use Rifles Only HAD covers. Heat abatement device They are full auto mag dump rated. Kinda bulky because they have this heat resistant rubberish looking deal then a double layer cover. Pricy but very effective.

Never heard of Cole tac. Going to check them out. For bolt guns the HAD are overkill but I still run them because I have been known to dump 10 rounds of 300WM and that can get toasty.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-29-19 at 14:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I use Rifles Only HAD covers. Heat abatement device They are full auto mag dump rated. Kinda bulky because they have this heat resistant rubberish looking deal then a double layer cover. Pricy but very effective.
    Yup, I use HADs on both of my centerfire rifle suppressors, an AAC762-SDN6 and 556 Saker-K.

They make a MAD (mirage abatement device) which I have on a rimfire suppressor - they make them for centerfire rifles too but you can't shoot very fast or they'll melt.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 01-29-19 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bowers covers. They don't melt, they're relatively light, and they're cheaper than most competitors

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve just purchased an Armageddon Gear mirage cover from a fellow member. The inner insulating liner is attached to the outer shell and the bungee cord retention seems to be more positive than the SiCo Velcro attachment which I’ve previously used. No matter how tight I would strap the Velcro, the SiCo covers would always fly off- even after a 5-10 rounds from bolt guns.

The SiCo covers do a great job at mirage mitigation, though.
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 01-29-19 at 20:57. Reason: Additional information

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the wide range of replies. I guess I’ll try a few different ones (like Rifles Only). I may try a Magpul one for my 5.56 SOCOM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Thanks for the wide range of replies. I guess I’ll try a few different ones (like Rifles Only). I may try a Magpul one for my 5.56 SOCOM
    I wouldn't bother with the Magpul. It's huge, heavy, and gets in the way of lights. The only advantage it offers is airflow over the can to help it cool down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast