Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT Magwell Tolerances

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two LMT lowers and have no issues. I would call them and ask what can be done. Maybe they open it up IF ITS NOT your LPK. Sounds like it might be.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have two LMT lowers and have no issues. I would call them and ask what can be done. Maybe they open it up IF ITS NOT your LPK. Sounds like it might be.

PB
    Did you mean they would say “if it’s not our LPK?”. I took the mag catch out and Gen2 Pmags still don’t drop free. They don’t drop free from the stripped lower.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Did you mean they would say “if it’s not our LPK?”. I took the mag catch out and Gen2 Pmags still don’t drop free. They don’t drop free from the stripped lower.
    My powers of deduction suggest it is NOT the LPK👍🏻

Feedback Score
    Had a similar issue with two Mega lowers and Pmags: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...in-Mega-lowers

Feedback Score
    I have 2 LMT defender lowers. 1 that is 9 years old, and 1 that is a few months old. Gen 2 pmags are tight in both, and don’t drop free.

Feedback Score
    This sucks but i don’t know if I have the energy to stripe the lower I just built and send it in...if they wanted to resolve it. People say LMT is on the tighter side of spec. I don’t get that. You either are or aren’t.

I’m thinking I may just crack into my Gen3 and USGI stash and retire my Gen2s or label them “no LMT”. Mags are cheap now so may just order more before the 2020 scare...

If I order another in the future I will ask them to test it out first.
    Last edited by OldState; 01-30-19 at 13:06.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What LPK did you use?
    I had an issue with an LMT bolt catch not letting mags drop in a BCM and Aero lower. Switched the bolt catch out to BCM or something else and have never had a problem since.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 2 MARS lowers and 3 Def2k's. None of them consistently drop G2 non-windowed PMAGS. All G2 windowed mags drop without issue. Never tried a G1.

All BCM & LMT GI mags drop free just fine. Never tried any G3's.

I had a pretty exhausting back-and-forth with LMT when I discovered their lowers wouldn't accept the most popular magazine in the USA. They stood their ground that their lowers are built to a spec which only requires a GI mag to drop free from the receiver. They wouldn't even comp me ONE of their mags to make up for this issue when I had dozens of G2's sitting around.

You win some you lose some. I'll take the quality of their rifles over the ability to use 1 type out of 3 million mags out there.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I don't classify magazines refusing to drop out of a lower as being a problem, so much as an annoyance.

I have an LMT Defender lower manufactured early 2017 that is on again, off again about older Pmags. But no issues with aluminum USGIs, Lancers, or GenM3s. It's not the first lower I've had that issue with - and far more annoying to me are the lowers that don't get along (at all) with GenM3 Pmags.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    What LPK did you use?
    I had an issue with an LMT bolt catch not letting mags drop in a BCM and Aero lower. Switched the bolt catch out to BCM or something else and have never had a problem since.
    Sons Of Liberty. The mag release did have a very sharp bottom edge I had to soften with a diamond file....but the mags would not drop free even after I took the mag release out. Base on the feedback here and elsewhere on the on the internet, I’m thinking this is an LMT issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    I have 2 MARS lowers and 3 Def2k's. None of them consistently drop G2 non-windowed rent PMAGS. All G2 windowed mags drop without issue. Never tried a G1.

All BCM & LMT GI mags drop free just fine. Never tried any G3's.

I had a pretty exhausting back-and-forth with LMT when I discovered their lowers wouldn't accept the most popular magazine in the USA. They stood their ground that their lowers are built to a spec which only requires a GI mag to drop free from the receiver. They wouldn't even comp me ONE of their mags to make up for this issue when I had dozens of G2's sitting around.

You win some you lose some. I'll take the quality of their rifles over the ability to use 1 type out of 3 million mags out there.
    That sucks. I’m interested in using a MARS lower for a build. I always assumed Colt was the defacto spec and I have two made 8 years apart that drop Gen2s no problem. Hundreds of thousands of others do as well one would assume...

Interestingly I layed the lower on the heating vent for a few mins and two more mags would drop...but barely. One is very tight.

***Something I just noticed... and I don’t know if it’s relevant...my Gen2s that won’t drop were made in ‘09. The window Gen2s that drop were made in ‘11
    Last edited by OldState; 01-30-19 at 22:43.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast