Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT Magwell Tolerances

Feedback Score
    Well I picked up a MARS when they went on sale. Iowa made. Same thing with not dropping old g2 Pmags
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    what about gen 3?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post
    what about gen 3?

Work just fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two LMT lowers; the older one works with everything, the newer one doesn't like G1 or 2 Pmags. Gen 3 are just fine as are GI and my new favorite Lancer. The mag well is just to tight. So the older one gets my older mags and the newer one get the most recent mags. I don't really like it but who doesn't need more magazines anyway??

Feedback Score
    Both my LMTs drop everything but my circa 2009-2011 G2 Pmags...with the exception a few. I have three Colts that drop everything.

I honestly think it’s BS that LMT defends building to spec when Colt doesn’t have the problem. Colt is the spec despite what may be written on a paper somewhere.

My main reason for asking is 1) I have 10 G2’s that I know have to segregate from my other 40 magazines. 2)G2’s are on sale for $7.99 shipped and I would love to stock up in them.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Both my LMTs drop everything but my circa 2009-2011 G2 Pmags...with the exception a few. I have three Colts that drop everything.

I honestly think it’s BS that LMT defends building to spec when Colt doesn’t have the problem. Colt is the spec despite what may be written on a paper somewhere.

My main reason for asking is 1) I have 10 G2’s that I know have to segregate from my other 40 magazines. 2)G2’s are on sale for $7.99 shipped and I would love to stock up in them.
    I hear you ! But I have to buy G3's or Lancer which are not on sale.. I'm saving my GI mags for a retro match.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been half tempted to buy a couple newly manufactured Gen 2 Pmags to see if it’s the old mags. I have a hard time believing LMT wouldn’t try every mag

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    You found one of the reasons the M3 mags exist, it's not brand specific.
    Again: Some lowers that are within mil spec, from a variety of different manufacturers, could be less than perfectly drop free with the Gen2.

You should research the issue, because a thread with bad info can pop up on google searches forever.

"The GEN M3 updates addressed a few concerns from the GEN M2...it actually drops free from most smaller mag wells better..."
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...59#post2002059

Feedback Score
    Magazines should be no wider than 0.888", and no longer than 2.383", not including the spine.

The magazine well should be no narrower than 0.898" and no shorter than 2.398".

All of my PMAGs run around 0.890" wide....
    Last edited by lysander; 12-12-19 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Again: Some lowers that are within mil spec, from a variety of different manufacturers, could be less than perfectly drop free with the Gen2.

You should research the issue, because a thread with bad info can pop up on google searches forever.

"The GEN M3 updates addressed a few concerns from the GEN M2...it actually drops free from most smaller mag wells better..."
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...59#post2002059
    After reading that it would appear that the G3 Pmags are better all the way around. My older mags fit in my older lower and the GI mags are for retro matches so I'll be getting G3 and Lancer magazines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast