Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Glock 43X and 48 be available in black slide?

Feedback Score

Will Glock 43X and 48 be available in black slide?

Have done several searches here and the web to see if anyone who was at the SHOT Show last week asked Glock if the 43X and 48 will be released with a black slide in the future? I would like to try a 48 and thinking it would make a nice pistol to gift to my daughter but prefer a dark pistol.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    At this time glockstore.com is the only place I have seen black 43x and 48's. I cannot find the picture they put on instagram yesterday showing them though;

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-43X...tity=1&color=1

You can choose the color in that menu.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Willis, saw that someone a day or so had posted here that GlockStore is refinishing the slides in a black finish but would prefer the black factory finish. I'm thinking the silver slide might keep enough people from buying them that they will eventually release them with a black slide, trying to get some gauge how long this might be if at all.
    Last edited by OldGrayGuy; 01-29-19 at 10:47. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Thanks, Willis, saw that someone a day or so had posted here that GlockStore is refinishing the slides in a black finish but would prefer the black factory finish. I'm thinking the silver slide might keep enough people from buying them that they will eventually release them with a black slide, trying to get some gauge how long this might be if at all.
    I was not aware they were coating them. Thank you for the heads up!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I was not aware they were coating them. Thank you for the heads up!
    That's what I'm hearing also, not a factory finish
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Spoke to a Glock rep who said there were no plans to release an all black version. They just bought 3 new PVD machines so expect to see more silver finish releases...he noted that black and silver are the glock logo colors after all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You know they will. Need reasons for people to buy duplicates of things. Like releasing the 42 before the 43. Obviously sold way more 42s as a result then they would have.

And if it bothers you enough you can get it nitrided or cerakoted cheap enough.

Feedback Score
    Actually like the silver; a 48 is in my future.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I like the two tone, which is weird cause usually I don’t. I bet we see the black slides though within a year.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    You know they will. Need reasons for people to buy duplicates of things.
    Agreed. It might not be this year, but a black 43x and 48 will happen, no doubt.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast