Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Glock 43X and 48 be available in black slide?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Yes they will sell all of them. Because black is not an option right now.

If black was released alongside bitone, bitone wouldn’t sell as well as black.
    That, and giving folks too many choices isn't always a good move, marketing wise. Yinz guys are right about it being marketing.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    There are several more differences between 19X and G45 than color.
    Oh snap! I forgot slide serations and deletion of the 19x's mag relief cut..... what outrageous oversights on my part lol

Im aware they are but my own opinions and glock can do as glock likes but in the past such trivial differences have defined various generations of glocks, not entire new models. Was the term 19z already taken or something?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cerakote black slide for those of you who are trying to color coordinate your accessories.

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-48-black-fxd-5-5lb-le.html

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    UPDATE! Glock is bringing black guns to market: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...eBMA41EAms68n8
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Of-friggin-course they are.... Right after I sent my slide out for black nitride.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I would make fun of you guys for making such a big deal about the color of a slide but I just paid $50 extra to buy a used usp with a black slide over a stainless slide.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I would make fun of you guys for making such a big deal about the color of a slide but I just paid $50 extra to buy a used usp with a black slide over a stainless slide.
    I'd rather have a USP with a stainless slide. If it's $50 less, that's just a bonus.

Because I don't like two-tone guns. Except USPs.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I almost bought it and had it painted!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I understand all the ribbing going on about guys getting excited about the color change.

I've only shot Glocks for my whole adult life and have actually never fired any stainless slide gun.

Is there any kind of sun reflection that gets amplified off the top of the slide with a stainless gun versus standard Glock black when shooting outdoors? That's about the only functional advantage I can see to black versus stainless.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In 6 - 12 months, all the silver slide models lingering in dealer inventory will be on sale for rock bottom prices.

Gunbroker will be awash in barely used silver side models as people dump them for black.

Production of the silver slide was retarded.

I am also not happy with the fact the barrel on a G48 is longer than that of a G19 by about .25"

They did this so they can sell the G48 in Canada.
    Last edited by scottryan; 07-10-19 at 09:51.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast