Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: AR-15 and extreme cold? (below zero)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah my bad, I said o-ring but I was thinking insert.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Yeah my bad, I said o-ring but I was thinking insert.
    Ah. Good point.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
    Your descriptions of what you do in your environment were quite interesting; thanks very much.

That pic looks to be the exact same Castrol product that is the US Mil's replacement to Lubricant, Arctic Weapon (LAW). Some different tradenames (Brayco 855 is one formulation) but I've not seen this "in the wild" yet. Maybe I can just find a Castrol dealer and do a special order. I'd do what you did & find little vials & needle-oilers to make stocking stuffers for the kids' rifles as well. Perhaps I should go looking for another "enterprising" soldier on eBay... lol.
    Turns out it is still on eBay; quart inbound. Just searched on the actual nomenclature. At $21.99 I can get quite a few giftings out of it & sure the heck cheaper than some other "extreme" products. Now to repurpose the latest empty Zippo can.

Feedback Score

Cold weather AR-15 lubrication

Here is another product I use in the cold. I originally bought it to lube my M1a for high power rifle competition in winter. I do not use this in the AR-15 buffer tube - I use it during winter in the trigger group and BCG internals.Low_temp_Grease (1).jpg
    Last edited by Glacierwolf; 02-16-19 at 21:43. Reason: no picture attached

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910