Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any CZ Love Out There?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Went to the indoor range with my modified SP-01. Ran it with a 12 lb recoil and 15 lb hammer spring. Worked like a champ. Used Winchester primers, not a hint of light strikes. The 12 lb recoil spring made a substantial difference in the recoil impulse. The gun actually felt softer and flatter in the hand and slightly less harsh in operation.
    Nice! What reduction in SA trigger pull did you notice with the 15 lb hammer spring vs. stock?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Nice! What reduction in SA trigger pull did you notice with the 15 lb hammer spring vs. stock?
    As far as I can measure it, it dropped about a 1/4 lb. It went from 3 lbs. to 2.75 lbs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    As far as I can measure it, it dropped about a 1/4 lb. It went from 3 lbs. to 2.75 lbs.
    That's right - you did mention that in a previous post. I'm getting old and forgetful, lol.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ordered and received one of these today - a CZ SP-01 Kadet .22 LR kit. It's different from the earlier Kadet kits as it doesn't taper in front, and the whole back part of the slide behind the front sight reciprocates; not just a 'cutout' portion. Comes with two 10-round polymer magazines, and seems to be a good quality accessory. I'll be taking my kid to the range to try it out this weekend.

2/24 - Took the Kadet kit to the range for the first time with CCI Mini-mags and Federal American Eagle. Had a couple of failures to feed of Federal after inserting a full mag and dropping the slide using the slide stop. Slingshotting the slide instead of using the slide stop worked. The Federal had a slightly flatter bullet profile (38gr HP). No issues at all with CCI Mini-mags using the slide stop to drop the slide as they have a sharper nose. Other than that, no failures to fire, feed or eject. Fired 200 rounds of CCI and 160 rounds of Federal. No adjustment needed on the sights, they were dead on for me. Accuracy was very good - on par with my Browning Buck Mark (which is more accurate than my Walther P22 and Advantage Arms Glock .22 LR conversion). The Kadet on my SP01 is now officially my new favourite .22 LR pistol to shoot.
    Last edited by militarymoron; 02-24-19 at 17:48. Reason: Added range report

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    20190222_164257.jpg

Fooling around with this pic thing again,
    Top to bottom,
    Shadowline SP01 with LOK full checkered palm swell grips.
    SP01 Tactical with LOK full checkered thin grips
    P01 with LOK full checkered palm swell grips..
    Last edited by ralph; 02-22-19 at 17:15.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just jumped in to the steel framed cz's by getting an sp01 shadow cz custom duo-tone on gunbroker thanks to the government holding on to my money for last year then giving me the extra back. Pretty excited after doing a trigger job on my buddy's shadow 2 and how easy it was compared to my decocker phantom. Will be my 5th cz in probably 4 years. They are growing and taking over my safe. Excellent competiton guns and just added a trijicon rmr to my p09 and shooting some of the smallest groups while testing powders and bullets. My dan wesson 1911 can shoot tighter but my cz's are not far behind.

Feedback Score
    You guys are putting my checkbook in danger again . Currently have a CGW P01 and love that thing ..... and looking for my next CZ . Trying to decide between a P07 and a CZ Custom Shadow ....wish I could afford both .

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The p07 prices have been coming down well under $400 if you hunt around. Depending on your budget and hunting abilities, you may be able to get both. Watch czfirearms.us and brian enos classifieds for used cz's.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456