Hi Folks, Yes, I did attempt a search for an answer to this question, but didn't find what I was looking for. So, here we go; >>> Best 'overall ' load for the older 1x12" twist / 12.5" barrel ? Off the top of my head, I 'd lean towards perhaps Federal ATK's 55 gr. Barnes load, as that's proven to work reasonably well in the past. IIRC, someone also produces a similar load, but with a 52 grain projectile. If anyone has information regarding any similar type loadings, I'd love to hear about them. I'm trying with the idea of buying a Troy retro model, specifically either the XM177E2, or as a 2nd choice, their GAU-5 version. Other than markings, they're pretty much the same, except for the F/A feature on the 177E2. I may be wrong, & I'm sure many will argue with me, but I'm not so quick to discount the F/A. No, they're not often used or needed, but why not have it available if it is needed, right ? So, we could go on & on as to the relative reasons why to buy, or want one of the Troy models ? But, that's another Thread all together. I anyone's got an update on currently available 55 grain ( + / - ) SBR type loads, PLEASE let me know. THANK YOU Guys !!

Best regards, dpast32