Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1-4 help needed

Feedback Score
    I've been wanting to put a low power variable optic on my 12.5 BCM for a while. I currently have irons and an MRO mounted on it and can get consistent hit at 300 yds so I'm really curious to see what it will do with magnification and quality ammo.
    Been seriously considering a trijicon 1x8. If it ends up being too much scope I can just put it on another rifle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    I've been wanting to put a low power variable optic on my 12.5 BCM for a while. I currently have irons and an MRO mounted on it and can get consistent hit at 300 yds so I'm really curious to see what it will do with magnification and quality ammo.
    Been seriously considering a trijicon 1x8. If it ends up being too much scope I can just put it on another rifle.
    That would be interesting. I'll be curious to hear at what distance the magnification is more than that short barrel can utilize.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    Interesting. I have a Trijicon Accupower 1-8x28 mounted on one of my Sig 516 16 rifles. It is an excellent scope that I really like. But, it is big and HEAVY. It reeks of high quality, but it may indeed be more than you want for a 12.5 SBR. Might want to take a look at a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 instead. Still highly regarded, but a lot lighter.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Interesting. I have a Trijicon Accupower 1-8x28 mounted on one of my Sig 516 16 rifles. It is an excellent scope that I really like. But, it is big and HEAVY. It reeks of high quality, but it may indeed be more than you want for a 12.5 SBR. Might want to take a look at a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 instead. Still highly regarded, but a lot lighter.
    Trijicon lists the Accupower 1-8 as 25 oz, while the Accupoint 1-6 is 19.2 oz. I find that difference noticeable when on top of a rifle.

Personally, I like an SBR to be light and handy.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    Trijicon lists the Accupower 1-8 as 25 oz, while the Accupoint 1-6 is 19.2 oz. I find that difference noticeable when on top of a rifle.
    Some ppl just think 'overall weight', but a heavy optic up top can affect the overall balance of the rifle, especially for lateral movement - ie, as you transition L/R and stop, the top of the rifle wants to keep moving.

I found it very noticeable on my SCARs with the higher top rail and keeping optic weight @20oz helps prevent it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345