Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .40 upper?

Feedback Score

.40 upper?

Hola,
    I have a PSA PX-9, AR9 9mm pistol that is set for Glock mags. PSA does not make a .40 upper and that is what I am looking for. Does anyone know of an upper that will work with the PSA lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First question would be does that lower accept .40 cal glock magazines ? I know a .45acp glock pattern lower is supposed to accept 10mm glock magazines. I have that same PSA 9mm lower but only 9mm mags for it.

I do need to get a 10mm mag so I can validate that my .45acp lower accepts them for a 10mm upper. Ugh....then I need to look at .357sig. Again I suspect the .40cal magazine is a profile closer to that of a 9mm. It goes back to the frame/grip size of the glocks to my best knowledge.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Build your own. I did. Regular Aero AR15 upper, Kaw Valley barrel, Kaw valley BCG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    First question would be does that lower accept .40 cal glock magazines ? I know a .45acp glock pattern lower is supposed to accept 10mm glock magazines. I have that same PSA 9mm lower but only 9mm mags for it.

I do need to get a 10mm mag so I can validate that my .45acp lower accepts them for a 10mm upper. Ugh....then I need to look at .357sig. Again I suspect the .40cal magazine is a profile closer to that of a 9mm. It goes back to the frame/grip size of the glocks to my best knowledge.
    Glock 40, and 9 mags have the same outside dimensions.

Feedback Score
    NQNPIII,
    Does your Aero upper work on a PSA lower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UTShooter71 View Post
    NQNPIII,
    Does your Aero upper work on a PSA lower?
    I got in a discussion with a guy the other day. My PSA lower fed 40 into the Aero upper when using the chargin handle. The lower I built for that is a Matrix Aerospace. I put the Matrix on my PSA 9mm upper and it fed a round in the chamber just fine.

Got my barrel, BCG, and forward facing muzzle tip from Joe Bob's. Cut a feed ramp into the barrel with a Dremel and polished it.

PSA's upper is a regular AR15 upper. Compare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I got in a discussion with a guy the other day. My PSA lower fed 40 into the Aero upper when using the chargin handle. The lower I built for that is a Matrix Aerospace. I put the Matrix on my PSA 9mm upper and it fed a round in the chamber just fine.

Got my barrel, BCG, and forward facing muzzle tip from Joe Bob's. Cut a feed ramp into the barrel with a Dremel and polished it.

PSA's upper is a regular AR15 upper. Compare.
    I will compare my PSA upper and lower to one of my AR's. If it is the same I will just build the upper (Joe Bob's has the best prices I have found) for now.

Thanks for the heads up. Any other advice on this build would be appreciated as well.

Feedback Score
    I will compare my PSA upper and lower to one of my AR's. If it is the same I will just build the upper (Joe Bob's has the best prices I have found) for now.

Thanks for the heads up. Any other advice on this build would be appreciated as well.
    Don't use the New Frontier BCG unless you want to mod it. I put a Matrix Aero floating 13.5" guard on mine. For historical foot note I actually built a 16" upper.

I have had it out 3 times so far. Changed the BCG to KV. It seemed to run good with a 3.0 regular AR buffer. Last trip out I used a Spikes 5.2 (T3) buffer. Out of 150-ish rounds I had 2 jams. Purple Winchester government practice ammo, and some 165gr JHP Ranger bonded. Nose up jams. One with each type. I should have taken a 3.0 with me.

Feedback Score

And a new project is born

I just checked and the PSA upper on my PX-9 is just a regular AR upper but with a 9mm barrel. I am ready to build a .40 upper now.

Feedback Score
    I just checked and the PSA upper on my PX-9 is just a regular AR upper but with a 9mm barrel. I am ready to build a .40 upper now.
    I took it on my own to notch the upper. Left and right is some U notches to go to the M4 feed ramps. Glock mags feed from the center I cut a notch in the center to the same depth. I'm not sure it helps. Don't think it hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast