Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .40 upper?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UTShooter71 View Post
    Hola,
    I have a PSA PX-9, AR9 9mm pistol that is set for Glock mags. PSA does not make a .40 upper and that is what I am looking for. Does anyone know of an upper that will work with the PSA lower?
    I have a PSA lower (Glock Magazines) that works fine with an upper I built using KVP 40 S&W barrel. These barrels are on sale at Job Bob Outfitters for $80 right now. I mounted it in a $40 slick side Anderson upper and used a $45 Double Star Carbine length float tube.
    Utterly reliable using the KVP 40 BCG from Joe Bob's though I always polish the feed cone on Blow Back barrels prior to installation.

If you don't want to build an upper then Stern Defense would be my choice. There BCG should work even better because it is an ounce heavier than the KVP BCG. I added the KAK tungsten weight to my KVP BCG which brings the weight up to 16.5oz and helps mitigate recoil.
    Last edited by sburd357; 03-11-19 at 18:39. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I took it on my own to notch the upper. Left and right is some U notches to go to the M4 feed ramps. Glock mags feed from the center I cut a notch in the center to the same depth. I'm not sure it helps. Don't think it hurt.
    Ive shot three different barrels using a QC10 lower, new frontier, gorilla machining and Faxon...…….I did have the feed cone worked on by Macon Armory, but have not shot any hollow points in it......the new frontier barrel works fine with hollow points and the gorilla machining barrel has only seen ball...…….

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    I see the CMMG Guard is now available in 40 S&W. I just built an upper in Blow Back 40 S&W but can't wait to try the Guard. I'm enjoying my Guard 45 ACP and 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sburd357 View Post
    I see the CMMG Guard is now available in 40 S&W. I just built an upper in Blow Back 40 S&W but can't wait to try the Guard. I'm enjoying my Guard 45 ACP and 9mm.
    You have an appetite for the high dollar stuff!
    https://www.cmmginc.com/?s=40+s%26w&post_type=product

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have and enjoy my MKG 45 Guard and my 9mm MKGS Banshee. I'm planning on getting a 40 S&W upper when they become available. I'm glad that since the 40 S&W is threaded .578-28 the same as the 45ACP,I'll be able to use my AAC TiRant 45 on it without a thread adapter.

I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    bbbbbbuuuuubbbbbbutttt .40 is a dying caliber! LOL!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    You have an appetite for the high dollar stuff!
    https://www.cmmginc.com/?s=40+s%26w&post_type=product
    They are expensive but so much softer shooting.
    My 45 ACP blow back is a tack driver but quite snappy in the recoil department. I running it in an A2 stock with just over 16oz of buffer weight and the Tubb's 308 spring and recoil is snappy to say the least. My 45 ACP Guard is a much gentler in comparison.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are expensive but so much softer shooting.
    My 45 ACP blow back is a tack driver but quite snappy in the recoil department. I running it in an A2 stock with just over 16oz of buffer weight and the Tubb's 308 spring and recoil is snappy to say the least. My 45 ACP Guard is a much gentler in comparison.
    I'm running the 3.4 oz weight from the CMMG Action Tuning Kit .
    Last edited by ARx3; 08-13-19 at 00:32.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ARx3 View Post
    I'm running the 3.4 oz weight from the CMMG Action Tuning Kit in my Guard 45 pistol,185 gr. HAP reloads with my suppressor and it runs great.My 9mm Banshee pistol runs great using 147 gr, rounds,suppressor and no weight.
    That is the beauty of the Guard system, it doesn't require the weight of straight blow back guns. I'm doing pretty much the same as you, no extra weight anywhere in my 9mm Guard but went with an H3 buffer and the Tubb's 308 spring in the 45 Guard. If you have never tried the Tubb's spring it is amazing how much it smooths the recoil impulse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast