Thread: Grayboe vs HS precision.

Feedback Score

Grayboe vs HS precision.

I've been reading about Grayboe, a lot of people really like them. I am tempted to go with one over a H and S Precision. I know the Grayboe is Pillar bedded and will probably need bedded as well, vs the H and S that has the aluminum bedding block which may need skim bedded. Anyone have any use or suggestions on the Grayboe?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What are you using it for? Hunting, PRS, LR, ELR, etc?

Grayboe is by the former owner of McMillan stocks, Ryan McMillan, which makes them VERY similar in design to McMillan's. If you want an A5 type stock, I would go Grayboe in a heartbeat.

I have an HS stock on a Rem 700 5R and it's ok. The cheek weld sucks and the recoil lug needs to bedded (rocks quite a bit without bolts tightened which is common in most stocks), but it is VERY solid otherwise and I have no reason to upgrade anytime soon. Other brands have better adjustable cheek weld options.

I would check out the KRG Bravo as well, which has been getting a lot of praise lately. And the price ain't bad either.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 01-31-19 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Ryan McMillan is not the former owner of McMillan Stocks. His dad Kelly has run the company since the 70’s. Ryan McMillan was a SEAL who started/ran the firearm division of McMillan stocks. Grayboe is affiliated/owned by McMillan they just have less options/models as to focus on volume.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...k-company/amp/

To your question, Grayboe with out a doubt. Their renegade was every bit of solid as my mcmillan A4 build and has lifetime warranty.

Feedback Score
    Sorry should have clarified, mostly hunting and steel shooting. I really like the grayboes not going to lie....How does the KRG compare?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    KRG Bravo is kind of a multi piece stock. Basically its an aluminum spine with molded plastic skins. It does have some flex and is "plasticy" even though its done well. The ergonomics are really nice and the stock is lite compared to other offerings. I sold my Bravo as soon as I received my Grayboe Ridgeback. I also have the Greyboe Renegade with an adjustable comb that came with my Vudoo V22. The feel and features on the Ridgeback are awesome and they are not as expensive as McMillan and Manners.

I agree, Grayboe without a doubt.

Feedback Score
    I would just Google both. I found a lot of complaints on several different forums regarding HS Precision.

My interest is in a hunting stock.

The only problem that l see with Grayboe is that are several brands of rifles that stocks aren't available for yet, including Howa.

P.S. According to Grayboe's website bedding is not required.

Feedback Score
    I own a couple Grayboe Stocks and you cant beat them for the money. Solid fiberglass / epoxy gives them a great feel and its easy to add hardware like flush cups or aftermarket cheek piece. I've shot both bedded and un-bedded and didn't notice much difference in group size.

Feedback Score
    I have a Grayboe on my 280ai, I use it for hunting and long range steel... I love it and went with it to shave some weight off the Magpul Hunter stock I had before...

I didn't bed it and only did load development around one bullet and powder... it's a half moa gun. It's also plenty stiff on the fore-end when loading a bipod, no issues with flex.

Last edited by imaguy3; 02-19-19 at 08:33.