View Poll Results: Shold Forward Controls re-design their ABC/R

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, This would be a good addition to the ABC/R family of bolt catches.

5 29.41%
  • It wouldn't work for me but it's a good idea!

3 17.65%
  • No, it ain't broke, don't fix it!

9 52.94%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Forward Controls ABC/R Enhancement

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    As long as there is material straight above the pivot pin, I'm game for one. My primary rifle has a ABC/R and I've been very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forward bias would be an option, it won't replace the standard ABC/R v3
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    No, Roger just the upper paddle. Everything stays the same, weight, angles, size. Just shift the top paddle left 25%.
    I’m excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The FB (forward bias) design will have more 25% more surface area on the left, and 15% to 20% less on the right, the whole effect would be as if someone took the ABC/R's upper paddle and shifted to the left a bit
    That is how I was picturing it, I'm excited too. AA please. I'm in, if I like it enough I just might change them all out and put my older ones on the EE.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Im assuming that you are aware that I am not arguing with you in any way.

I believe we both have different trains of thought.

I teach both methods but I put more emphasis on my method because I believe that your hand should always remain on the fire controls at all times. Your support hand is already at the magwell so a quick turn to the bolt release is pretty simple. Also, sometimes getting a finger or two at the angle of your left hand may need more leverage than wrapping around the magwell.
    It never occurred to me to think of your responses as an argument, and I would not take offense even if it was one

Yes - different trains of thought, and that's a good thing or we wouldn't learn anything new. Here's my reasoning - my hand really isn't that near the magwell after insertion of the mag. I'm using the beercan hold on the mag; pushing then pulling, so it's not up near the front of the magwell. My left index finger, is close to the top paddle, and I don't have to shift my firing hand from the controls to reach it. Both methods definitely work, I agree, and there probably isn't much difference in speed between them when performed by practiced users.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    It never occurred to me to think of your responses as an argument, and I would not take offense even if it was one

Yes - different trains of thought, and that's a good thing or we wouldn't learn anything new. Here's my reasoning - my hand really isn't that near the magwell after insertion of the mag. I'm using the beercan hold on the mag; pushing then pulling, so it's not up near the front of the magwell. My left index finger, is close to the top paddle, and I don't have to shift my firing hand from the controls to reach it. Both methods definitely work, I agree, and there probably isn't much difference in speed between them when performed by practiced users.
    lefty, used index finger for mag release using a FCD ambi, and then move trigger finger up to drop bolt again using a FCD part. My finger is already in the vicinity for mag removal, why not use it for bolt too? But then again, I'm a wrong headed lefty like MM.

CK
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Not for left-handers (ok, not all left-handers that use a different method than I do). I'd get rid of the extended lower paddle though.
    Yes. @Roger please let us know when you will be discontinuing the ABCRv2. I do not want an extended lower paddle on the v3 as its something I only really use for admin purposes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ABC/R v2 with either serrated and dimpled paddles have ceased production, there are ample units left of both. If there's enough demand for v2 still, we can bring v2 back for those that like its straight lower paddle, or a "v2.5" with the v3 upper paddle, but v2's lower paddle.
    Last edited by Duffy; 02-02-19 at 14:02.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    I am very impressed with the ABC/R v2. I look forward to the v3. Do you have any plans to run a discount on the v2?

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Duffy,
    I received your text,
    Just been busy at work with this weather.
    Looks like everything is coming together!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I heard that this deign has raised some eyebrows on other forums.
    Any updates....?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast