View Poll Results: Shold Forward Controls re-design their ABC/R

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, This would be a good addition to the ABC/R family of bolt catches.

5 29.41%
  • It wouldn't work for me but it's a good idea!

3 17.65%
  • No, it ain't broke, don't fix it!

9 52.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Forward Controls ABC/R Enhancement

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep, we expanded on the forward biased idea, there will be another option for ABC/R v3, in addition to the forward biased and non-offset versions. All will be in production very soon. These options make our lives rather difficult lol, because we have both serrated and dimpled versions, we have to make 6 different versions of the 223 ABC/R v3.

What other forums? We haven't talked about it in other forums, unless someone else is doing something similar?
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-25-19 at 09:31.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Maybe the word “forums” wasn’t the correct word.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ll just put this right here and get this thread back to life.....

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...ase_p_237.html
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Beautifully done. Has anyone ever felt like they were too big? I only have one on an SPR that isn't shot for anything but precision. No issues with snagging?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have several, including on my duty rifle. Never had a single issue.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have several, including on my duty rifle. Never had a single issue.
    Excellent. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Most of my ARs have one generation/version or another of the ABC/R, it is the only bolt catch I paid extra for beyond the one from the LPK. Truth is most of my ARs have FCD's components.

And yeah, CoryCop, I like my forward biased version. Big thumbs up.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That is how I was picturing it, I'm excited too. AA please. I'm in, if I like it enough I just might change them all out and put my older ones on the EE.
    In fact, I was thinking about this the other day. I have one of the centered standard versions on my desk in front of me that I replaced on of my one of my BCMs.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The forward or rearward bias is very modest, only 0.1 longer than the centered. When we added 0.1 to the biased side, we also removed 0.05 on the other side. We're not on the lightweight bandwagon, we just pay attention to its weight, because it is heavier than TDP bolt catches, we still want to keep the weight as close to that of the TDP bolt catch as possible.

Making it bigger would have consequences, a long cantilever on the bolt catch would be more snag prone, and has more mechanical advantage/force amplification that puts more stress on the bolt catch body that a shorter lever can't.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Beautifully done. Has anyone ever felt like they were too big? I only have one on an SPR that isn't shot for anything but precision. No issues with snagging?
    I have one on every lower I have, never felt that they were too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast