Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul B.A.D. lever for AR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see the reasons not to have it, but have personally not experienced any of the mentioned problems in class or just at the range. Is it necessary? No, I don't think it is, but I have used it with good results.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Seen lots of issues caused by them. I would pass.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Out side of malfunctions that may happen , which I never had when i had it on my rifle . I took several classes with Mike Panone and other instructors of that caliber that discourage them. Just simply from the idea that you get used to using it so much that if you have to use a rifle that does not have one you literally become stupid. And i have seen that in class when we did 4 different malfunction drills with 4 rifles in the row.

Feedback Score
    Here's my $ .02

I don't like busy when it comes to serious things. Adding something to the area that is occupied by the trigger and my finger just is too busy for me and seems asking for an accident or malfunction.

Feedback Score
    I had one on my rifle for about 2 minutes, first time in actual use I hated it. Took it off and never went back. Vertical foregrip went in the shitcan too. I've decided less crap on the gun is better.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    I had one on my rifle for about 2 minutes, first time in actual use I hated it. Took it off and never went back. Vertical foregrip went in the shitcan too. I've decided less crap on the gun is better.
    +1

Though I've used BAD lever for a couple of range trips just to test out. I think idea generally isn't bad - I liked the fact that you can lock the bolt back without completely switching the hold. I didn't really like the implementation of it and think that it is both fairly flimsy and not really a good design overall. Next time around I will simply buy an ambi lower something like Rainier Arms or KAC and be done with it. Nothing particularly wrong with the mil-spec though.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have them on almost all kf my rifles. I also have a RediMag on those same rifles. The BAD Lever works great with it. I have been using them with a Redimag for years and I have never had them cause any issues with any of the rifles I have used. That is to include the M4A1s lowers that I was issued.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Saw this happen once:

An acquaintance of mine was out shooting with me and some other people.

It was winter and we all had on heavy winter gloves.

The heavy fabric material of his glove on his trigger finger manipulated the BAD lever to lock the bolt back in the middle of a magazine. Gun stopped with bolt locked open.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Run or don't run them. The arguments are about valid either way.

I like them on my gamer guns because of showing clear. Easier malf clearing.

I don't like them because I don't have them on all my guns, but I've never reached for it when it wasn't there, or not used it when it was. Brain is a wonderful thing.

People bungle the BAD lever usage. People screw up standard ARs and handguns all the time. NDs. I guess so- there are people who had NDs with BAD levers and ones that haven't had one yet. I do not like to poke the ND fairies and their powerful majic.

I'd love all my lowers to be ambi. That's a fair number of lowers to swap.

IIRC, that was one of Travis' inventions, which he ran with a redi loader. AFAIK, he doesn't run either anymore.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I found this vid a week or so ago. He seems to go over most of the pros and cons and has a 5 year use with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXA0KOqv2A0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast