Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.5 barrel carbine vs mid

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

12.5 barrel carbine vs mid

decided to build a 12.5 in barrel upper. started doing some research on barrels and their are a few 12.5 with mid-length gas system . with not much of info. i found a few threads but they are all 3-4 years old. I love my 14.5 noveske with mid, it runs much smoother than the carbine . Just wandering if i can expect the same kind of deference with the 12.5. Thanks

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post
    decided to build a 12.5 in barrel upper. started doing some research on barrels and their are a few 12.5 with mid-length gas system . with not much of info. i found a few threads but they are all 3-4 years old. I love my 14.5 noveske with mid, it runs much smoother than the carbine . Just wandering if i can expect the same kind of deference with the 12.5. Thanks
    Not the correct place for this. Should be here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...cal-Discussion

But there are many variables on this topic. What brand barrel? Do you plan to use a can?

I have 4 different 12.5 barrels and have one 12.5 Mid. My Mid is great but I had to tune it to get it to work the way I wanted it to.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It can be done but carbine is optimal for 12.5.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post
    Now that I have my 12.5 MID set up properly, it is my best shooting rifle that I have....... out of 18 of them.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Now that I have my 12.5 MID set up properly, it is my best shooting rifle that I have....... out of 18 of them.
    Yes but will it work at -40 F?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Yes but will it work at -40 F?
    Does the mountains of the hindu kush count? If so then YES........ with and without a can.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    These kind of forum replies really annoy me. The guy is asking specifically about this setup, you post that you have success with it, but you don't give any details.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    These kind of forum replies really annoy me. The guy is asking specifically about this setup, you post that you have success with it, but you don't give any details.
    That is a general answer to a general question. I give specific answers to specific questions.

According to he OP he is asking a very general question. And I answered it. J Luke it and it is the smoothest and my favorite of my 12.5 ARs. If he asked what barrel I have or buffer or BCG or can or gas tube I will answer that.

The kind of forum replies that I don't like ar ethe ones that add nothing to the conversation.

Feedback Score
    Criterion make a carbine 12.5 that’s CHF that would be a solid choice. So does DD and BCM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is this a range/fun gun or a defensive gun?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast