Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.5 barrel carbine vs mid

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Is this a range/fun gun or a defensive gun?
    All of the above. But the most important one is I want one.

As far as the original question . i have been shooting a mid 14.5 and 16 for a while and really like the impulse was hoping to get the same in a 12.5. but from what it sounds like is that will require a lot of tuning to make it function properly and reliably . Sounds like i should be getting something like BCM 12.5 and run with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post

As far as the original question . i have been shooting a mid 14.5 and 16 for a while and really like the impulse was hoping to get the same in a 12.5. but from what it sounds like is that will require a lot of tuning to make it function properly and reliably . Sounds like i should be getting something like BCM 12.5 and run with it.
    No tuning at all for reliability. For smoother/flatter recoil impulse thats optional and all you really need is the VLTOR A5 receiver extension and A5H2 buffer. Additionally you can use the BRT .067 or .070 custom tune gas port. Those 2 things are make a significant difference and are a ultra reliable combination.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post

I wouldn't say a lot of tuning. I ran down the 11.5 midlength path and it works just fine 100% suppressed. Set the adjustable gas block and done! Or give an adjustable carrier a shot.

EDIT: I make the assumption as soon as you move from a 20" rifle you deviate from the original design and probably the most reliable setup. If you like the recoil impulse, and already have 2 squared away setups, give the 12.5 mid a shot!
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-02-19 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Now that I have my 12.5 MID set up properly, it is my best shooting rifle that I have....... out of 18 of them.
    Would you share the details of your build? Gas port size, barrel configuration, buffer system choices, etc. I'm interested in seeing how this was set up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    OK in that case any suggestions on the barrel IE manufacturer. Or is there a manufacturer that has a complete 12.5in barrel upper assembly for sale . Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have an upper built from Noveske parts that is a 12.5 Mid. It gets used on a lower with an A5H2 buffer. I run both suppressed and not. Suppressor shunts the brass to 1-2 o’clock. Without, typical of my 16” middy. When I installed the barrel, I (unscientifically) measured the port with a caliper and it was roughly .078. It’s been a very smooth shooter, no issues at all, and is a crap ton of fun to shoot drills suppressed due to the lack of muzzle rise. I used a standard gas block but I believe it is available with the switchblock. Below is where I got mine a couple years ago. I just checked and was surprised the 5% off coupon Facebook still works

https://www.rogtac.com/noveske-12-5-...inless-barrel/

Although I think you pay a slight Noveske tax for that barrel, it’s fine shooter with sub minute 5 shot groups at 100 with 77gr with a 1-6 and will ding steel at longer ranges with ease. 550/650 off a bipod was no issue.

Good luck with your decision.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My buddy recently bought a bcm Keno upper that was really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    My buddy recently bought a bcm Keno upper that was really nice

i was looking at it but its carbine gas on it

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just went to noveske website and it looks like it's under construction. Was wondering if they had a complete upper.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Haven’t gone through the whole thread yet but I assume you’ve seen Triarc’s?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast