Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.5 barrel carbine vs mid

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Would you share the details of your build? Gas port size, barrel configuration, buffer system choices, etc. I'm interested in seeing how this was set up.
    Mine is a Noveske Mid 12.5". I have a LMT enhanced Carrier with a Ballistic Advantage Bolt. I have a A5H1 Buffer system on it and use a AAC Mini 4 can. I have had no issues shooing it with or without a can using everything from cheap Steal cased Wolf to MK262.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post
    Just went to noveske website and it looks like it's under construction. Was wondering if they had a complete upper.
    They do.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I would 100% avoid recent-manufacture Noveske anything. I have a thread titled something about huuuuuge groups with more info for those curious as to why.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I would 100% avoid recent-manufacture Noveske anything. I have a thread titled something about huuuuuge groups with more info for those curious as to why.
    I just got two barrels and have no issues. .... What was your problem?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I just got two barrels and have no issues. .... What was your problem?
    Basically my first barrel that was part of a factory gun had a shit chrome lining job. I had to pay to send it back to them which wasn't a huge deal, but it would've been nice if they covered shipping since its not my fault their barrel was a failure. They quickly replaced it and were able to salvage the p/w muzzle device but the barrel they replaced it with had a retarded huge gas port. The recoil was substantial for the platform, even though it had a Warcomp and A5-3. I shot it for an entire day-long carbine clinic before I had the instructor try it out. He agreed that it was ridiculous. While none of that is terrible, I've had two factory Noveskes and just don't understand their premium. Their pricing is pretty in-line with KAC but you really only get aesthetics out of it these days. Plus, both of my lowers have had such tight magwells that only GI mags drop free every single time, and M3 PMAGS most of the time. There's just no point to pay that price nowadays.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have both midlength and carbine gas 12.5's, and contrary to my expectations going into it I greatly prefer the carbine gas over the mid. That's both unsuppressed, and suppressed with and without an adjustable carrier. The port sizes between the two will be apples to oranges so I don't know how that factors into it.

Subjectively, the midlength doesn't seem to shoot as smooth.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    I have both midlength and carbine gas 12.5's, and contrary to my expectations going into it I greatly prefer the carbine gas over the mid. That's both unsuppressed, and suppressed with and without an adjustable carrier. The port sizes between the two will be apples to oranges so I don't know how that factors into it.

Subjectively, the midlength doesn't seem to shoot as smooth.
    Don’t suppose you got a chance to measure the ports?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Their 10.5" barrels are stupidly overgassed. Everyone I have measured was around .080-.082.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Basically my first barrel that was part of a factory gun had a shit chrome lining job. I had to pay to send it back to them which wasn't a huge deal, but it would've been nice if they covered shipping since its not my fault their barrel was a failure. They quickly replaced it and were able to salvage the p/w muzzle device but the barrel they replaced it with had a retarded huge gas port. The recoil was substantial for the platform, even though it had a Warcomp and A5-3. I shot it for an entire day-long carbine clinic before I had the instructor try it out. He agreed that it was ridiculous. While none of that is terrible, I've had two factory Noveskes and just don't understand their premium. Their pricing is pretty in-line with KAC but you really only get aesthetics out of it these days. Plus, both of my lowers have had such tight magwells that only GI mags drop free every single time, and M3 PMAGS most of the time. There's just no point to pay that price nowadays.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    By all accounts the Hodge 12.5 barrels are the heat. Very accurate for a chf chrome lined barrel, longer life than other similar barrels, great profile, etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great price lol. Its almost same price as a complete bcm upper. Wow

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast