Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If You Like Your DNA You Can Keep It--Just Not a Secret

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Until you die of cholera...........................
    I was being facetious.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...john-whitehead

My take: Living in a low tech Third World country looks better and better every day.
    By all means, move to one.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I was being facetious.
    I know....but it was still funny....
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    and start a civil war thread. See how that works out for ya.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If the judge has allowed the evidence, as far as someone on the jury, doing their sworn duty, is concerned, it is legit evidence. If someone would let a murderer, proved by DNA evidence, go free because their panties were in a wad over how the admitted evidence was obtained, it speaks volumes to their reasoning ability.

The 4th Amendment is one of our most precious Amendments, so we shouldn't take it lightly. That being said, if your daughter was raped, and the DNA evidence was legally compared to DNA samples from a genealogy site, revealing that someone related to a person on that site had committed the rape, would you want the police to pursue the lead?

This how BTK was nabbed:

Two weeks later, a disk arrived in the mail at another TV station, along with a gold chain, a photocopied cover of a novel about a killer who bound and gagged his victims, and several 3-by-5 index cards, one of which gave instructions for communicating with BTK through the newspaper.

The disk contained one valid file bearing the message “this is a test” and directing police to read one of the accompanying index cards with instructions for further communications. In the “properties” section of the document, however, police found that the file had last been saved by someone named Dennis. They also found that the disk had been used at the Christ Lutheran Church and the Park City library.

A simple Internet search turned up a Web site for the church, which identified Dennis Rader as president of the congregation. Police quickly determined that Rader was a code compliance officer in Park City, located his address, drove past his house and saw a black Jeep Grand Cherokee registered to his son, Brian, in the driveway.

From there, prosecutors subpoenaed a tissue sample from a Pap smear done on Rader’s daughter, Kerri, at a student clinic near Kansas State University in Manhattan, which she had attended five years earlier. DNA tests on that sample showed that Kerri Rader was the daughter of BTK.
    The BTK example is a legit use of investigative tools and information gleaned directly from the killer to develop PC. They could've just as easily followed him around and collected his direct DNA after examining the evidence he volunteered to the TV station.

Taking DNA that was passively skimmed across the entire ancestry industry is IMO, akin to parallel construction. It's just like collecting everyone's phone and data across cellular and the internet to secretly build databases. Nothing about this is materially different from spying on the populace by trapping wired communications such as old school land lines. It is spying on the American people.

Now I realize that most prosecutors and courts are going to conceal how the police initially targeted the accused for the crime from jurors (just as they did with parallel construction cases). But as a matter of the 4th Amendment, this should be cause to disregard the evidence if that's the foundation of the prosecution's case. In other words, this is exactly what jury nullification is for.

The legal system will continually push the envelope to skirt the Bill of Rights. It's just human nature. Our job is to push back.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26Inf
    and start a civil war thread. See how that works out for ya.
    I was being facetious.

Feedback Score
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...john-whitehead

My take: Living in a low tech Third World country looks better and better every day.
    People actually get vaccinated there...

The reality is that you don't have to move, the 3rd world countries are coming here...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234