Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Hootenanny

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Spec's in building a store in Allen, which should be open in a few months. The liquor department manager at their mothership store in Dallas is a friend. They will be bringing in some nice bottles for the grand opening.

Thanks for the tip about Empire, I have seen it but never been inside. I'll check it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    20190222_152716.jpg
    Decisions.... ok, the cigar and cognac on the right.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 04-02-19 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do you get the picture to come out correctly??? I didn't take it sideways!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Just finished a bottle of Woodford, got to restock today. Something from KY is my only strict requirement. And good KY spirits!

I would like to share one little pet peeve, is it not most disturbing when you go into a bar and order a double XYZ on the rocks and it comes back already watered down from shitty ice that taste like bar smell and its patly crushed. $17 down the drain.

PB
    If you have a Total Wine near you, give the Knob Creek RYE Single Barrel Select a shot. It's near barrel proof at 115, and barrels are selected by Fred Noe himself. At $50 I found it to be an amazing value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hey fellow bourboners....I am hoping to get lucky here by asking if anyone has a line on or can get a bottle of EH Taylor Amaranth-Grain of the Gods. I am wanting to add it to my EHT collection. PM me if you have info please. Thank you.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    12 year Panamanian rum aged in old bourbon barrels followed by extra charred virgin American Oak.

Great bold rum with a heavy variety of flavors. Great with a large cube to follow the developing flavors as it dilutes.

Its good straight, but so rich you can miss some details.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    It is a very small world. A buddy of mine who is a former mod here married into that family in Panama. I have a neat bottle of their stuff that was aged in a sherry cask.

Very nice for the money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree about the Ron Abuelo. I have a bottle of the regular 12 year. Very underrated.

Tonight's selection is Old Forester Prohibition.
    I like this the best from the Old Forester offerings.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've been 100% Scotch my entire whiskey drinking years, but I just recently discovered a love for bourbon. Currently drinking Makers 46, it's okay, with a bottle of Elijah Craig on tap. I'd like a bottle of Whistle Pig for Christmas.

Makers

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I got hung up on Weller 107 for a while, then I had a customer turn me onto Rare Breed. I’ve tried a lot of good bourbon in the last year(thanks to this thread) and to date this is my favorite .
    Last edited by Campbell; 11-17-19 at 06:20. Reason: Grammar

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast