Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P01 Omega notes....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got my LOK grips on today. I boogered up the first screws but they sent along a new set without hassle. These grips feel great and are a hell of a lot more practical than the 1980s grips that come from the factory.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice blaster Greg. Grips look like a nice upgrade too.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    . I boogered up the first screws but they sent along a new set without hassle..
    You need to get professional training on how to use a screw driver.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    True.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You need to get professional training on how to use a screw driver.
    Ouch... lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would like to hear more about trigger action and its smoothness and uniformity in DA. (Polymer P guns can vary all over the map).

Omega sights are actually a leap better than standard P01 sights which are pretty small.

You can actually bend the mag lip on the base of the compact mag to provide a finger ledge, like the original compact mags. No need to change bases.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The Da is very smooth but heavy. I don’t mind a heavy trigger but I have to be honest. The DA on my Beretta is heavy, but lighter than the CZ and, odd to me is the fact that the Beretta has a slightly shorter reach, even with my thinner LOK grips on the CZ. I think the semi flat trigger has resulted in a slightly longer trigger. The CZ is 4.25 lbs in SA and my Beretta is 5.25. Long story short, both have excellent triggers but the Beretta is better in DA and the CZ is better in SA. Neither has any creep or mechanical chatter of any kind. Both have short resets. Both of them have DA trigger pulls waaaay off my 8 pound scale.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Greg. The Omega is easy to detail strip and with polishing might feel
    Much lighter. A CGW kit can also bring it down quite a bit. I just find that lighter is easier. But as you say, smooth is important.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am usually very shy about non factory triggers. I shoot a lot of steel cased dogcrap and I notice that my buddies striker guns (Glock, Steyr, etc) often won’t ignite the primers in Tula or monarch. My beretta and now this cz will eat that stuff like candy including stuff that has already failed in the striker guns. I always figured that the hammer guns just hit the primer harder so I keep em at standard weight. I am too damn lazy to reload anymore.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I am usually very shy about non factory triggers. I shoot a lot of steel cased dogcrap and I notice that my buddies striker guns (Glock, Steyr, etc) often won’t ignite the primers in Tula or monarch. My beretta and now this cz will eat that stuff like candy including stuff that has already failed in the striker guns. I always figured that the hammer guns just hit the primer harder so I keep em at standard weight. I am too damn lazy to reload anymore.
    I understand and also hesitate to use low power main spings, but I do on my CZ P guns now because:
    - I trust the CGW parts more than stock - like the firing pin and of course their roll pin. Also, I use their lighter FP spring which again is good steel.
    - The light FP spring and longer FP work well with the 15 LB mainspring to light primers. I've only had a light strike in a few hundred rounds in two guns. I run mostly Wolf. Thus, I have confidence in factory defense loads.
    - I think the 15 LB Mainspring also gives me enough inertia to keep the slide velocities low, and P series longevity seems good.
    - I have found that with a lighter DA I just shoot better. I guess I need the help. Did this to one gun, then went with the others also.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-13-19 at 16:46.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast